Options

Support Group 6

Group 6

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.   

Supporters
Happychap
Sezz
JON
BEN
SOPHIE

Runners
Barongreenback
Dee19 (Thank you)
Fat Face (Lucozade Super Sixer )
Gladrags
James, fell? Over!
Kazzy96
Limper
Limpette (with Limper - above)
Nicola Jordon
Nutty Runner
Pllumby
Ruth Bramwell
Scarf
Tiptoes
Wobble Wobble
Macfitz
lincssafc
Long Tall Sally-Anne
The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before.  To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo.  Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday.  Items should be market with: name, race number & support group number.

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station.  There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station.  I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course.  The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot, there will also be a large '100 yards to RW Supporters' sign hung up.  When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race.  Any final instructions will be posted Sunday 19th April.Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Options
    Happychap, Sezz, Jon, Ben and Sophie.forum name: Tiptoes.Name: Lee Number: (will update)Estimated Time: 2.25 - 2.32Wearing: Club Colours (Reading Roadrunners) Green with blue shorts. tiptoes on front and back.Special needs: big cheer will go down very well thanks.Thanks for being there for all of us
  • Options

Hello!

Can I attach myself to this group please as Happychap will recognise me! image

Forum name: Tiger
    Name: Valerie
    Number: TBA
    Estimated time: 3 hrs ish
    Wearing: Lara Croft Tomb Raider
    Special needs: Well it's been 3 years since my last FLM but I think a can of Stella is the usual request!

Many thanks!

And good luck in Paris this weekend Happychap image

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

imageimageimageHello Group 6 imageimageimage

I love my supporters already!!

Limper 1155 and Limpette 23109. Arriving around 2:45 - 3:00 [pesky crowded roads permitting!!]. Kit not yet decided. T shirt names not yet decided. .
    Special needs will be a Red-Bull, vegetarian jelly babies and a sweaty hug!!

FANKYEW!!!!!!!

• Options
    Hello group 6 runners image

Tiger, no problem I shall add you to my master list thingy.
  • Options
    Runners
    Barongreenback
    Dee19 (Thank you)
    Fat Face (Lucozade Super Sixer )
    Gladrags
    James, fell? Over!
    Kazzy96
    Limper
    Limpette (with Limper - above)
    Nicola Jordon
    Nutty Runner
    Pllumby
    Ruth Bramwell
    Scarf
    Tiptoes
    Wobble Wobble
    Macfitz
    lincssafc
    Long Tall Sally-Anne
    Tiger
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

Hello Happychap, Sezz, JON, BEN & SOPHIE!!

Just to say that I am between broadband providers and email addresses at present. Can't remember which of many I gave Barley!! If it's OK I'll email one or two of you via RW and give you an address that should [hopefully!!] be viable.

Limps

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Tiger ***waves furiously*** didn't realise you bagged a pace for London image

How did the Paris half go?  Is there any wine left in France?

Hello all you runners.  Our job is to make Group 6 the best!  image

Limper, I'm enabled if you want to contact me when you get a new broadband home. 

• Options
    Wondered where you supportereeeee types had got to image

Go go go go gooooooo group 6
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Ok so that's Limper, Tiger and Tiptoes accounted for.  Where are the rest of you?

• Options

Hi all - group 5 just checking in on the opposition image

How's it going HC ??  Looking forward to this especially as I'm not running - hehehehe

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

So happy also not to be running this year Greeny.  Got Paris on Sunday (wine stations yum!)

How's you?  Our mutual friend still trying to get you to do silly MTB events?

You can go and report back to Group 5 that Group 6 is the bestest? image It's not the quantity of the threads but the kwality.

<<<Casually spreads piles of party poppers, bags of jelly babies and digs out 'Hits of the 80's' for the pre-race party>>>

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    <<<Gets out big squishy sofa and a bag of Doritos ready to watch the start of Tapir Madness>>>
  • Options

*bites heads off jelly babies and runs back to group 1*

• Options

Saw Alan on sunday after Cranleigh and he said you were doing Paris - image  wine stations sounds fab image

Haven't had an email for a while off our mutual friend - I think he's given up on me but one day I'll suprise him image

Hit of the 80's eh - my type of woman but group 5 still rocks image

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Shakes head at Jelly Baby detrius, cleans up and slumps down into squishy sofa.

Al had a good run Sunday, he was running for Dave at Judy's request.  I MBT'd over to support but got lost so it was all over by the time I got there.  Ooops! 

• Options

I wondered who had David's place when I saw his name on the results I'm sure he did him proud   - I did the 15 - that's far enough for me at the mo.

Getting lost sounds a bit familiar - me and Yas got lost and thought we wouldn't make the start - got there with 5 mins to spare though but had to start at the back - enjoyed it even though my legs didn't image

you must've clocked up a few miles on the old bike getting there and back and getting lost as well image

• Options

Hi All...Go group 6 Goimageimage

number...5466

Name on shirt...Denise (coz thats my name !!!)

Hoping and Praying to be at mile 17 aprox 2.33

Requiring vintage Dom Perignon or failing that sis gels that I will leave at expo.

Thanks all you supporters but seriously worried im going to want to stop and party with you lot !!!image

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Hi Dee

Welcome to Group 6 (we are the best image)  Don't worry, we'll kick you up the a@se if you stay and party too long. 

Oooooh Dom Perignon - yummy! and thanks although I can't guarantee there will be any left. image

• Options

number...14143

Name...Keith

Hoping to be at mile 17 approx 12.10pm 

Requiring wine gums plus any gels I might leave at expo.

Thank you

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Hello Keith

Welcome to the club.  How's it all going?  Last long one this weekend?

• Options
    22 last sunday, 20 this coming sunday...first injury free run up to a marathon ever...touch wood haha
  • Options
    oops, forgot to add that I'll be running in a black 'Wolds Vets' club vest
  • Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Cool, sounds like great preparation.  What number is this one?

And what flavour wine gums will you prefer (disclaimer it will NOT be my fault if there aren't any black ones left image )

• Options

just my 4th, flm in 2000 and 2004 and mablethorpe in 2006

green, black, yellow in that order

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Green... Really?  image
  • Options

green  mmmm mmmmmmmm

i take it there will be loads of green ones left lol

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    My dad was a Green and Yellow fan.  He was a saviour in our house!  Although he did also nick the Orange Creams image
  • Options
    What a lovely day for running .......but not marathons....too hot. ( and so the panic over marathon weather conditions start ) and from past experience by mile 17 I know I wont care what colour my jelly babies are.!!image
  • Options

Hi Team of Six! 

Forum name : Pllumby
    Name  : Paul
    Race number : 4335
    Estimated time to mile 17 : 02:30 from passing the start line?
    What you'll be wearing : Kidney Research UK Purple Running Shirt with "PLUMBY" on it
    Any special needs* : Prayers. After my last Long Run of 22M on Sunday my foot swelled. I suspected a stress fracture. A&E insist it's Tendonitis and advise that with 2 weeks complete rest I might be able to run. If I make the start and am not limping when I get to 17 miles chants of "Praise the Lord/ Buddha/ Gaia/ Force" would be appreciated! image (If I am limping some pain killers might be nice)