Options

Brighton Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options

Hiya, RB

Paris marathon is easy to enter via their website. Instant entry once paid.

Collect number at their expo, but you need a copy of a certificate of "health" from your Dr.

Lovely race, not as crowded as London but it is gaining in popularity.

We need to close this thread soon, and all go onto the Brighton Rocks 2011 threa, me thinks !

• Options
    billukbilluk ✭✭✭
    "Right boys & girls, returning to the ipod/mp3 debate. For those of you who normally run WITH one, three questions. 1) did you find it harder to run without it? 2) did you run slower/quicker without it? 3) did you enjoy your run more or less without it?"

I didn't miss my music on Sunday but if it had been chucking it down with rain and blowing a gale with only a few spectators I would have needed it to help get me round!
  • Options
    London is on the 17th next year so April 10th for Brighton would make sense. 
  • Options
    re: ipod debate

with earphones in you would not be able to generate a big guffaw and smile when the person running next to you cracks off a big fart.......he looked pleased and happy to have got rid of the trapped wind as well.....

• Options
    I ran with mine, as always.  I would seriously not enter a marathon if I thought they would really enforce an ipod ban.
  • Options
    Easter sun is the 24th so I reckon the 10th for Brighton as well. How long does that give us to train???
  • Options
    Thanks Karl for Paris info
  • Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭
    image Hi everyone .. TracyB's at the bar pop in for a beer image
  • Options
    Unconfirmed date for Paris is also the 10th April 2011. Oh dear..............hubby is keen on the trip to Paris???? I do know you could still get into Paris this year after ballot announcements of London.......unlike Brighton which was full already by that stage. More thinking to do???? London? Paris? Brighton?
  • Options

***STOP PRESS***

Provisional date for BM2011 is.... Drum roll.... 7th May 2011.

It's been release to the Argus here: BM 2011

• Options

Sorry...

Entries into marathon is 7th May 2010

Actual race 10th April 2011.

• Options

2BTiny - I took someones place this year after the entrance had closed, all official exchange.

Ipod debate There were a couple running near me at one stage wearing them and I could hear their music and every time they had a conversation they were shouting at each other followed by 'what you say', take the bl***y things off and then they could have heard. They would have been oblivious to emergency vehicles. Shame the organisers didn't have the b***s to disqualify people.

I've applied to the advance VLM ballot for 2011 because of the 2 rejections so see what happens, would love to come back to Brighton though.

• Options

RichardB - I agree with the ipods they were meant to be banned so they should have enforced it, I normally run with one but the crowds were fantastic and would not have spoilt it by wearing an ipod.

Roll on Brighton next year, I am also going to do the Cransley Hospice half Marathon in September it is at Cranford.

• Options

Cransley is a nice little half and for a great local charity, I was thinking of doing it again this year as I didn't get in the GNR ballot. For some reason that day (3rd Sunday of September) is always a hot day 26 degrees when I did it and quite a hilly course and the only shade seemed to be the last mile which was down hill.

• Options
    RichardB - hopefully it will be a nice day, and part of the course out to Brigstock is one of my training runs anyway so I know most of the course and have run it regularily, so perhaps see you there in September
  • Options
    Same here I often run out the back of Cranford then either to Geddington or Warkton. The HM turns round half way between Grafton Underwood and Brigstock.
  • Options
    i think the entry forms are out in June I will definately be entering
  • Options
    RichardB...........I know that place transfers were still allowed.......and places freed up by people choosing to run London were still available later..................BUT.....Official Entry to Brighton did close a few days before London ballots were announced.
  • Options
    I know I forgot to enter, then there were 1000 places in a ballot in November which were the VLM people returns. I got my place after our UK v USA challenge in January which gave me the confidence.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirmed the date for next Year Brighton 2010.Because someone quote May or April please?
  • Options

"The Argus understands that if the race is given the go ahead, the second Brighton Marathon is likely to take place on Sunday April 10, the week before the 2011 London Marathon."

The provisional date of May 7 has been set for marathon entries.

They also hope to have an additional 3,000 runners taking it upto 15,000.

• Options

evening all

that great news if  it happens i to only got in on the second bite of the cherry this year and would like to have a place without having to hope there are places given back

still haven't got out for a run yet will try again Friday or Saturday

• Options
    Ooo yay I'm in again! Can't wait....will enter early image
  • Options

Evening 

I know there are a few ultramarathoners on here so i have a quick question...I am due to take part in a 52 miler in July....I am not looking at this as a race but rather as a challenge and with a goal just to complete it in a decent time. Can anyone recommend what training i need to do for this compared to the training I have just done for this marathon? Any training programmes you can recommend/websites etc would be very useful.

Thank you. 

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

marmalade - are you doing the 52 mile Challenge in Kent?

• Options
    I just saw REDHEAD on GMTV about VLM and her breaking the record running whilst crocheting imageimage
  • Options
    marmalade - I did the kent 50 mile challenge in 2007, great event.
    Looking at my training log I did a marathon in April and in May, and then carried on with normal marathon training. I suppose it depends on what time you want to do. I did the 52.4 mile course in 11:52. Good Luck !
  • Options

If anyone sees Redhead on Sunday........she should be easy to spot...........tell her to contact me............I still have a lovely Brighton Marathon Photo of her.

Hoping to see the doc today with my knee......starting to really worry about it now!

• Options

Morning all

2btiny i am sorry to hear that let’s hope that the doctor says it’s nothing to worry about

• Options

Yes Tracey G......I'm doing the Kent one...are you or have you done it before??