Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options
    I agree with LB the wind was so strong running along the prom at the Liverpool Half. I really hope its not as bad tomorrow.
  • Options
    BBC have it at 21mph, Metcheck at 15-18mph, Met Office at 23mph.

I think we can count on it being blowy. How blustery is another matter!
  • Options

as long as it blows us along the the prom,lpool half was a bugger,last 4 miles were really windy

great to have a celeb on the forum,Pete Price,youll be fineimage

• Options
    Pete Price wrote (see)

just been into JJB first thing thsi morning and registered.

This will be my first ever race, i am training to do the great north run in September.

Hoping to go round in just under an hour, but making it round without walking will be an achievement!!

Looking forward to it but  a bit nervous, see yous all on Sunday

By the way, is this the Pete Price of Radio Merseyside fame and all-round scouse legend? Will be good to have a genuine local celeb running with us!

Thanks also for the messages about my missing race pack - I'll toddle down to the start and have a chat with the nice people on the registration desk.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow!

• Options

And there I was thinking it was "this" one....image

http://blogs.babble.com/famecrawler/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/peter-andre-chest.jpg

• Options

Matt Connor

Please ring the office on 0151 709 1413 I have not a contact telephone number for you.

Yvonne 

• Options
    So if it's as wet as this tomorrow....do they replace the water spray tent with a giant hair dryer! Absolutely lashing it in Chester...but sunny intervals for the race tomorrow...apparently!
  • Options
    If only LB, there again id probally be flat on my face after tripping over something, as i certainly wouldnt be watching where i was going!
  • Options

Quick question, is the best place for family to meet us at the end around Vale Park?

really hoping that this rain stops!! (And that my cold recovers quickly as am really looking forward to this race!)

Good luck everyone, I'll keep an eye out for green ribbons!

• Options
    AlanRothwell wrote (see)

Matt Connor

Please ring the office on 0151 709 1413 I have not a contact telephone number for you.

Yvonne 

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for your assistance on the phone - I've sent a message to Alan's profile will a screengrab from my bank statement showing that my cheque was cashed in case you need to see proof of my payment. Unfortunately I don't have a printer at home so can't bring a print-out with me tomorrow.

Thanks again and hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!

Matt

• Options
    Off home now!! Been up since 4.30am (!!)) taking delivery of Goody Bags for you guys.. all done, everything in place so have a great run everyone.

Alan
  • Options

Thanks for your efforts as always Alan.

Hope tomorrow goes swimmingly well for all running, hope to see a few of you out on course no 690 if you want to give a wave as you all glide effortlessly past me image

• Options
    I will be at the finish looking out for you all! image
  • Options

Fantastic !! I've just finished work for a whole week & start my break with this tomorrow image

Wishing everyone a FANTASTIC race & loads of PB's.

I am 409 & will be donning my green ribbon - see you there image

• Options
    Same here - good luck everyone, maybe see you tomorrow! image

• Options
    Running the event for the first time tomorrow - after a night shift, so hoping the weather is kind and not to windy - the conditions that is, not me....

Good luck everyone, have a great race

See you tomorrow

Dave
  • Options

Just getting ready, pinning number on shirt, drinking lots of water, porridge ready for the morning! Very excited. Trying to find some green ribbon!

Have a great day image

Enjoy image

• Options
    My 1st time for this event,have a good race everyone
  • Options
    Number 301... I'll be the fat,bald, Michael Chiklis looking idiot looking like he doesn't know how to pace himself ; ) Have a good race everyone.
  • Options

Doberman - your fly drives me mad! I keep trying to squash it!image

http://api.ning.com/files/XbuE1BL99pr1xxzryZPYD*t4LBacMF-ho65iz7UhsRL6K7ZRBaiR5IMTNyLosJnyDHdpQqw0dXRZZQEqNX9S1Gi-V8Y0OKCt/good_luck.gif

• Options

Run strong guys! I'll be cheering you on at the finish! I will be wearing a brown sheep's leather (yes I did say sheep's leather) jacket. I have very blonde hair and lots of bangles.

Say hello if you see me because I've got out of bed early for you lot....image

• Options
    Race well guys and girls, looks like it's going to be a windy one

Number 517
  • Options
    2051 here - best of luck everyone, see you all down in the tunnel!
  • Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    We've just had our porridge, I'm dropping mrs Puffy off at the start then going to New Brighton to watch.
  • Options

Just having my porridege now. number 7.

Good luck everyone.

• Options

Morning Everyone,

Just eaten my porridge, we are doing the same Mr Puffy, the OH and my little man are droping me off at the start then meeting me at the finish.

Im no 794, pinned my number on last night and attached some green ribbon.

See you all at the luggage bus at the start.

Goodluck everyone, my fingers are crossed that its not as windy as the liverpool half.

• Options
    Brilliantly organised race again Alan, really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and I managed to clock a personal best 55:03 - 5 minutes off my previous best! Must have been the wind I tell you!

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did and got back safely - you're a unique member of the Tunnelers club! Hmm sounds like a t-shirt for next year! So what's next? image
  • Options
    Pleased I was not running this one this year. Seemed like a bit of a breeze along the prom. Run Liverpool photos of the race now online at
    www.tonyclixby.com

Rough time under each thumbnail is the time the pic was taken half way along the promenade at the Egremont Ferry pub

Well done all you forumites!

Video will be on the webpage www.tonyclixby.com too this evening

Tony Clixby
    Run Liverpool photographer
  • Options
    I failed miserably to meet anyone at the start, or see LB at the finish image

Great race, Alan - and wicked goody bag food (love the liquorice and the School Bar, mmmmm!)

Poor performance for me, but better than last year and still sub 50, so mustn't grumble. I'll blame the wind image

Hope everyone else has had a great day - home in time to watch the grandprix (online) football (on tv) with cricket (on the radio). Brilliant image
  • Options

Hi this was my first "Race" but what a day, me and my daughter and my youngest brother all took part today absolute loved it the start loved the tunnel the crowd along the route will deffo be doing more think I my have the bug and at 47 your never to old.

I came in 56.11 brother 1.04 and daughter 1.06 so proud of my daughter,

so from a running virgin big thanks to everybody who organised the event we loved every minuter of itimage