Options

Two stone off!

Comments

• Options

I like the suggestions: I have heard the White Peak is fun, and Edinburgh and Brighton are two of my favourite places. Funnily enough, I am doing some work in Brighton over the next few months, so could try out some of the route.

Runkeeper- I use it on my Android phone, though it is also available on an iPhone. Tracks and automatically records your training, and you can link through to other users in a 'Street Team'. A really nice app, and free, though you can, if you want, pay for an 'Elite' membership. You can also download training plans for different distances / times (e.g. marathon in 4 hrs), and it will speak training notes to you as you run. (I should have shares!).

Anyway, a bit depressing yesterday: went for a walk with my g/f as planned, and my mild injury to my thigh developed into something a bit more serious. Need it to clear up by Sunday week (Sheffield half-mara): RICE should do it. Then had to go to the pub for a curry (actually, I knew this was looming, so it is my Easter treat).

Feeling very British today, so will leave the Germanic-Greek celebrations well alone.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    hope the RICE works Dan. Stick your feet up infront of the Royal Wedding and have a glass of Pimms
  • Options
    Easy day, with my wife and little girl away for the day at a party, so did some household tasks and then settled down this afternoon for an hour or two watching the Swiss Cycling Tour on eurosport, followed by supermarket to get some healthy fruit and salad for the weekend. Will cook shortly and try and avoid checking the football score every 30 seconds.

Anyone racing or planning long runs this weekend?
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    no big runs for me, had a nice miler tonight but busy day with the family tomorrow and then back to work at 6am sunday.
    weigh time in the morning too so let's see what happens! not too Hung up on it as i feel healthier, trimmer and al around better so the health kick has been working weight aside!
  • Options
    I'm up in the Peaks for the weekend with Mrs Spoons. No running this weekend. I may walk up a big hill or 2 though. 6 pints of bitter and a rabbit pie last night.
  • Options
    I cant drink more than about 2 pints these days....... Enjoy your wedding anniversary and the peaks mr and mrs spoons. So I've officially weekly weighed in at 3lbs lighter which is in line with my wii tests over the last couple of days. Don't expect or even want to lose that every week, but it's a good start.

Park this morning with family and an hour or two in the cricket nets later this afternoon should keep me in the fresh air.

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    andy, I'm also a 3lb loss on the Wii this morning! that's one week on, exactly the same time.of the day too. pleased with that cos even if there is a lb or so fluctuation i feel better and there can't be a 3lb difference! busy day today, kids swimming lessons, parties and running about whilst wife is at work till 9pm. sadly missin final game of the season at the ricoh. bumper crowded expected too!

enjoy your weekend mr.spoons, sounds like your enjoying yourself!

good going andy
  • Options
    And good going mr f. At least you didn't miss a 9 goal thriller!
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    far from it! was hoping to get to final game away at carrow rd next week but mrs f is away!
  • Options
    Bad food day yesterday culminating in a chinese takeaway and a good proportion of a bottle of wine. Started today better with a fresh fruit breakfast.
  • Options

Morning all!

Feeling good this morning, weighed in at 12st 5lb and my achilles niggle seems to be clearing up (fingers crossed). Still taking training lightly though, two or three mile runs mainly, altough I did do five miles on grass mid-week, regular icing sessions as well. Trying to cut the alcohol intake down by drinking low or zero alcohol beers. 

Glad to hear that the pounds are coming off for you chaps as well, keep up the good work.

No run today, off to The City of Manchester Stadium this afternoon to watch the usual demolition of the Irons, things are starting to look bad but maybe the worry will contribute to the weight loss!!!

Right, off for some Weetabix and skimmed milk.  

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    not a brilliant food day today, but not too bad. healthy meals but nibbled on some chocolate digestives whilst at work and fajitas for dinner!
    ill do better tomorrow, avoiding the work night out on the lash too as will be driving.g so not enjoying the beer festival in all its glory!

have a good bank holiday everyone, ill be working. hope some of you manage to get a good run in!

andy, wine is a nemisis!
  • Options
    I'm back on track although I did have a snack late afternoon probably caused by not having quite enough breakfast and lunch.

Have seen a great thread yesterday morning about 12 different events for 2012, one per month, which I will now try and find, I'm going to start my own list of slightly more unusual and unique challenges for next year.

Next weeks Blackburn game looking crucial popps.
  • Options

Yeah crucial game next week andy, a 'must win game', if ever there was one!

Tried to be good yesterday and avoided any match day beers but did slip a bit last night as we ordered a take away when we got home, Chicken kebab with garlic mayo image, but abstained from the Pepperoni pizza my daughter ordered.

Hope to be out later on today for  four miles or so, next planned race will hopefully be Leeds 10k in June, did have a look a running Buxton Half at the end of the month but will decide nearer the time.

Mr F - Cracked a smile yesterday as the chant went up "Que Sera Sera, what ever will be will be, we're going to Coventry, Que Sera Sera" image

• Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    what's the relevance? the ladies FA cup final?
  • Options
    Great idea Andy. I had been thinking about 12 marathns in 2012. We'll see.

Anyway, it's all going wrong for me. I've put on 5 pounds since the start of my taper for VLM. I shall now start being good. I ran 14 miles this morning. I'll swim later.
  • Options

Late to this thread but I am like mitiog and need to lose about 5 stone. Doing sort of weightwatchers approach which is mainly watching calories and saturated fat - works if you stick to it and not hard to follow.

Have dabbled with running for a while but my asthma got in the way. Finally got that under control so time to start in earnest. Just trying to convince myself I am a runner even though I am a the run/walk stage. Signed up for a half marathon in October so need to get on with it!

• Options
    I'm an asthmatic Dr Fish. It gets easier as you get used to it. Get a puffapouch!
  • Options
    Mr F - The only relevance being, that while City were singing about going to Wembley, hammers fans are contemplating the cities they'll (more than likely) be visiting next season, could have inserted Barnsley, Derby, etc etc
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    ah i see! het, the eicoh is a fantastic stadium. shame we can't fill it!!
  • Options
    Hallam BlueHallam Blue ✭✭✭

Popps - good to see another Derbyshire based Blue. Yesterday's match was definitely one we would have thrown away in the past! 

I'm in Glossop - you?

• Options
    Yeah nice stadium, I've been once, Carling Cup tie about three or four years ago!
  • Options

Dan - Good win for you but...................I wish you had thrown the points away as I was in the away end! Don't you lot know we're desperate!!!  image

I'm in Darley Dale near Matlock.

• Options
    Hallam BlueHallam Blue ✭✭✭
    Oops - sorry! Yes, very good win (actually weekend all round) for us! Hope WHU get out - always my second team.
  • Options

Welcome Dr Fish,  the run/walk approach is the sensible way to start. Motivation is something I struggle with at times, settting yourself the goal of a half marathon in October should give you something to aim for.

Not had a bad day today managed six miles through Chatsworth Park on a lovely sunny afternoon, still got some soreness in my achilles though, gave it plenty of ice afterwards.

Back to work tomorrow image

• Options
    Thanks for the encouragement popps.  Your run today sounds fab. Think about is at work tomorrow and it will make you image!
  • Options
    mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    welcome Dr Fish! best of luck with your target, you can do anything when your minds on it. tough day at work, so a not too healthy dinner and a nice cold beer tonight. back on the healthy kick tomorrow just in time for 2 night shifts! not gone out on a work piss up tonight so feel very restrained. early night for me, even at 32 I'm feeling old!

thought earlier, this has developed in to a men's weight loss zone of footy fans!!
  • Options
    I'm having a beer (just the one). This is my last for a while my "being good" push starts tomorrow morning. It's going down very well by the way. I can't have 2 as there are no more in the house and I will not be buying any more for a bit. Best tip ever - just don't buy it. If you have crap in the house your will power will slip and you will succumb!
  • Options

" thought earlier, this has developed in to a men's weight loss zone of footy fans!!"

Except I am a girl and a cricket fan!

• Options
    Nice point and hello Dr Fish. Your goal is definitely achievable, others on this site prove that. Which half marathon are you doing in October?

Work today, which is ok from a weight loss point of view as I have a routine and have a salad prepared from last night.

Mr spoons - it is a top tip, I was having that debate over a large bag of crisps MrsW bought from Tesco yesterday. Why just leave it sitting in the cupboard staring at me?