Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    4.2 miles in 34:30. Went off too fast and paid for it in the last mile. Am terrible at knowing what pace I am setting, will have to dust off the old heart rate monitor to help me gauge how hard I'm going.

Not looking forward to tomorrows run it's going to be ridiculously hot, hate running in heat like this.
  • Options
    6.38KM = 3.96M

26:05,
    Two days after 5KM race, got up at 8AM.

Been only training for one week following major had surgery (5 weeks doing nothing since 23-6-11)

Have only been training for around 12 weeks now this year!

Long undulating road, unknown area due to recently moving.. run just aimed to do around 25 minutes fairly quick image

Wasn't too bad after all I suppose

• Options

Julie: top runningimage.

10 miles for me in 1:36. First time running outside for while and found it a struggle in the afternoon heat.

• Options

Nice one SR! Good to see you picking it up again

Me: 8M home,warm and sweaty, just under 8m/M

• Options
    5 mile easy run tonight. Very hot and sticky.

• Options
    3miles run steadily and felt easy.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    7.10am - 5 miles around Crosby Marina & up the beach.  Less humid image
  • Options
    2.91 miles in 24:01 along the Brighton promenade. Heat was unbearable, saw more runners than usual this morning, guess everyone getting their runs in earlier before it gets any hotter.
  • Options
    10.17 miles fartlek tonight. 3 mile warm up then 45 mins alternating between MP (7.00) and Tempo pace (6.26) for 3 mins each set then 1 mile cool down.

Hard session but a lot cooler than last night, it rained a bit aswell which felt great.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    5.25 miles. The air was so heavy and humid it started me wheezing a little at first, and I was knackered by the end. Full of energy 20 mins later though, and pleased with what felt like my first proper run for a month. And my shin bone did not fall out or snap in two.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

JT141 - Glad that you are back out running again.  It's very humid here too!

8 miles with the club tonight at an easy pace.

• Options

3M done (and it felt easy) on a nice sunny but coll morning .

Active rest for me this week.

• Options

morning people!

no running for me today or yesterday. Have been felled by, er, a couple of wasp stings. Disturbed a nest when looking for little DF's football in a bit of thicket. She escaped unharmed but I got stung 3 times and it's affected me a bit.

Off on hols on Friday - so may post very little over the next few weeks.

Keep it up people!

• Options
    ran 1-8-11

6.38KM in 26:05 Undulating run out the new forest, very hot and humid..

possibly running similar route today ! will post over next few hours no doubt
  • Options
    felt awful whilst running insane stitch so called it a day, maybe eat dodgy food last night and not drank properly..

1.59 miles-half the usual 5KM route in a fairly prompt 11:05

will cool down and stretch do some core and run again tonight in the cool..will monitor this..
  • Options

Hi all image

Nice to see the heat hasn't been putting anyone off.

Mondays workout was a 20 min tempo session @ 90% of my 10k pace with a 15 min warm up and warm down jog

Looking forward to tonight.....round 9 of 10 of my summer XC series, with only 6 results counting a good finish will push out a poor finish in one of the earlier races.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Four humid miles round Marina & up beach @7am.
  • Options

10 miles for me on the treadmill in 1:25. Whilst at gym also cross trained, did weights, plus had an hour swimming.

Make the most of this hot weather why we still got it, think it will be raining tomorrow with cooler temperatures.

• Options
    Cooler temperatures are very welcome as far as I'm concerned SR!!

It was insanely hot and humid tonight when I went out at 5.30pm, done a 11.1 mile easy run. Lost nearly half a stone in bodyweight aswell.

3 mile recovery run tomorrow, very welcome after two 10 mile + runs in a row.
  • Options
    10 miles today at noon, regret the timing, i lost so much fluid and felt quite dehydrated at the end, even though i took fluids with me which i never do over that distance.
  • Options

3.5M Steady run in pouring rain.

It felt easy, but then thats the point of this weeks active rest.

• Options
    Jamie: Thats some weight loss by you yesterday !image Hope you recover okay.
  • Options
    8.30am -2.5 mile run along the seafront. Only started running in February so am quite pleased with my progress seeing as I couldn't even run for three minutes when I started!
  • Options
    Failed miserably in round 9 of my XC series last night, felt good warming up but come race time the body just wasn't interested in running, legs were heavy and couldn't get my breathing settled. Even one of my non running club members even asked if I was okay as apparently I look liked death warmed up after making it across the finish line.
  • Options
    3 mile plod tonight.

A lot cooler and a brief rain shower on the way round.

Legs still a bit stiff from yesterday but hopefully will be fine by tomorrow because got another killer of a session.

Good running everyone.
  • Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

6.5 miles yesterday with some sprints.  My legs soon felt tired and heavy as it was a session I wasnt used to.

10K race on Sunday so I will have today and tomorrow off as I would love a PB.  Good luck to any of you racing this weekend.image

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    A rare double yesterday: 1.1 mile Streaksaver first thing, followed by 10 miles around Sefton Park, Calderstones and Allerton in Liverpool, 18.  Many roads used to feature on earlier Liverpool HMs.  Highlights: Sefton Park Palm House and the thousand-year-old Allerton Oak in Calderstones Park.  Smashing image
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the progress Anna. Good luck alib for Sunday - hope the weather is okay for a quick time.

6.4 miles today. With a few minutes break in the middle (went past the churchyard where my grandparents are buried so paid them a visit). Included some off-road running through sheep fields which was fun. Warm but not too humid. Fitness seemed fine, and slowly creeping the mileage back up without further injury so pretty happy with things.
  • Options
    3 easy miles today, as climbed Ben Lomond yesterday with MissB
  • Options
    Bit late this morning aren't we birkmyre??

Went out really late last night for my run due to being stuck right behind that bad accident on the M25.

3 mile warm up, 3 x 1 mile @ 10k pace with 2 min recoveries between sets, 3 x 600m @ 5k pace with 2 min recoveries and 3 x 200m @ 1500m pace with 2 min recoveries.

Hard session but surprisingly legs feel fine today.

14 mile easy run tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.