Options

Support Group 1

Comments

• Options

Morning All image 4 weeks to go imageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Morning all... Not long to go.. yikes!!!!! What distances are people running this weekend? I am planning to do a 12-13 mile run before a big 20 mile run next weekend and then the tapering begins!!!

Can't wait for the big day image
  • Options
    Stevie H - ditto that's what I'm hoping(planning) image to do
  • Options
    i did 20 last weekend - meant to be doing the fleet half on sunday - but depends on my knee - have a tight IT band image
  • Options
    @Claire - great minds image

@Denny - good luck with the knee and the half marathon on Sunday. I did a quick 7.5 mile last night and my right knee is in a bit of pain image
  • Options
    is it the outside of the knee Stevie H?
  • Options
    yep... just below and right (left as you would look) of the knee cap. Physio said that it shouldn't impact my running.. just hurts more than normal image
  • Options
    sounds like what i have - i've been using the grid roller to try and fix it as it's due to my IT band being too tight - it sucks as i really want to do this half on sunday - it's much better today so fingers crossed it'll be fine sunday
  • Options
    Yuck tight itbs not nice, massage helps but hurts at the time. Take care of thise niggles everyone and enjoy weekend runs.
  • Options

OK if there are any witches among you can you please do a spell for cool and overcast on April 22nd? Did an 8 miler this morning and  it was waaaay too hot for me.

On the plus side, sitting in the garden this afternoon has been very pleasant. A couple of Voddies later methinks image

• Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    yes waaaay too hot - did 9 miles in my usual running gear and was dripping hot. not nice. to be honest, I'd rather rain than this....
  • Options
    Evening my lovelies - I have a request in for vaguely warm and a bit overcast image it was hot in 09 too not fabulous so I'm keeping everything crossed for you. They do set up run through showers round the course which are amazing, and the firemen at one of the stages have their hoses out - euphemism not intended ladies!!! image
  • Options
    only you karen! xx
  • Options
    I could always hang my hose out
  • Options

SBH - Well if I dont make it to you guys and its a lovely hot day just look for me by the firemen image

Denny - GillyMac is right massage will help lots I had a tight IT band and massage other day hurt but it does feel tons better now. Grid rollers are great, love rolling round on mine image 

Stevie H - Yep great minds image 

• Options
    @Mick - promises promises!!!! Lol, Claire I'm desperately racking my poor wine sodden brains (well it is Friday and I'm not a runner y'know) to remember whether they're before or after 17 think I'd lost the plot a bit by then! Pretty sure they're before though so if we lose you I'll make a few calls image and come join you!!!! Lol image
  • Options
    claire - this roller is killing but it is getting better so i will persevere as instructed by my physio - had a massage tuesday and i'm certainly better than i was on monday - if i have to crawl i'm going to get over that finish line in london!
  • Options
    Hello peeps! Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine x
  • Options
    Hey SBH...Certainly have.. been in the garden this afternoon image

Bit worried about my run tomorrow...Might have to get up early to avoid the midday sun. Am use to running in colder temps. Suppose I need to get use to hot runs though in case the VLM2012 is a warm one image
  • Options

Doing my long run Monday, I figure with the clocks going forward if I get up early enough I can get out before it's even properly light.

Not really liking it this warm - it's too weird at this time of year image 

• Options
    I'm also not liking the thought of running in warm weather.
    Intending to do a long run/walk early tomorrow so I'm done before the temperature is into double figures. That said, since I can't work out if my alarm 'clock' automatically goes forward tonight and therefore not sure what time to set it for I might just run on Monday.. image

Finally off for my bone scan next week so will find out if I've been a complete idiot to have kept doing some training for the last couple of weeks or if I just have a sore leg.
  • Options
    What are we doing at the bottom of the page dahlinks?! Just think, this time in 4 weeks Gilly and I will have joined you after many hugs and possibly tears (hopefully just on our part we get very emotional about you lot y'know) at 17 and we will all be in chandos to celebrate your huge achievements image

Becks I really hope the scan goes ok my love, keep us all posted eh? And about the banners, if you do have them could you drop them at the expo for us lot to pick them up if poss? Xx
  • Options
    Hey everyone? How did your run go this weekend? Becks, did you manage to get out today?

I fell victim to the clocks and ended going out at 10am... slightly later than I wanted. Ended up running 13 miles in the end. Heat was ok as there was a lovely breeze image My knees feel relatively ok too image
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

best of luck becks....

hope everyone's runs went well today?

i've had two 40th birthday celebrations this weekend so no running image - but big gym session tomorrow and then about 6 miles on Tuesday I reckon. anyone else doind kingston breakfast run on 1st april?

• Options
    Yep, made it out today thanks Steve. 17 miles of fairly half hearted run-walking... at least I know I can make it to Mudchute!!!
    Biggest new injury picked up was to my shoulder as I managed to run into a window!! image

Glad your run went well Steve and it wasn't too hot.
    Gladrags, I am sure dancing away at the celebration would have added up to a long run... image

Sbh, no problem to drop the banners at the expo. I'll try and leave some cable ties too.
  • Options

Hi All

Sorry not been around been out enjoying the sunshine image Did manage a 12.5mile run on Saturday, it was a little hot but bearable.

Denny - The grid rollers do hurt but have found they help lots. Hope your IT band has settled down.

Stevie H - Glad you had a good run and your knees are ok.

Screamapillar - Hope you have a good run today.

Becks - Well Done on 17miles! I will be run walking it round at a guess. Hope your shoulder isn't too bad. Hope the scan goes well.

Gladrags - Hope you had a fun weekend celebrating.

• Options

hello guys

yes at London, you do have the option of a good run / walk strategy  and finishing and it all being worth it

• Options
    i am registered for the kingston breakfast run but at the moment i can't actually walk - have 2 swollen ankles, 2 very painful knees, and my back is shouting at me - oh and a tight tendon in my left foot - i hobbled to the finish line yesterday at the fleet half marathon so doubt i'll be doing any more long runs before london image
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭
    what a shame denny - was hoping to find a friend to run with....... hope you recover soon. Am sure all the miles are pretty much banked now anyway?