Options

Race the Train

Comments

• Options

Ooh! Don't say that Caz!  I feel guilty now - we def don't deserve a medal more than anyone else. We were told by the stroppy marshall that our race was over at 5 miles.  She said as we passed 'what do you think you are doing? The race is over'.  Hmm. let me see running in rain, with number attached to frontage, yep pretty sure I am in the race.

Anyway, other lovely marsall said we could continue up a short cut and meet the rest of the runners if we liked.  This meant cutting out 3 and 3/4 miles but the alternative was walking 5 miles back the way we came.  So we only did 11 miles - but this was not our choice.....apparently it does say on the website that you won't be allowed to continue after a set time, but not on the printed forms so we set out fully expecting to be last but confident about covering the distance. 

So yes, I still want my medal - am I wrong?!  Its not unheard of.

• Options

It does say on the website:

"There is a limit of 3 hours 15 minutes to complete the course and we reserve the right to close the course for safety reasons beyond this time, similarly the official time-keeping ceases then."

But this certainly wasn't clear in any of the information sent out, it also doesn't give any cut-off times around the course. I'd definitley contact the organiser's misha and ask for your medal, I don't think you are wrong, just hard done by!

• Options
    Sorry Misha about your medal you Definitely deserve it - you have paid for it and done the hard work so the organisers should send it you - please get in touch with them and ask for it - don't let it go -  I am feeling naffed with the organisers a little about the long delay in putting the results on the web its 29th now - no excuse for delay after this time  - the web site hasn't been updated or anything - I think that once the race is over - they don't want to kn ow you until the next year when they want your money again  
  • Options

Where are the results!! What a shambles, it would take 5 minutes for someone to put them up.  I also ordered a mug of the event, thinking I could pick it up at the race - an organiser said I would be sent it in the post....... ha

• Options
    your mug will probably arrive in late october, although i still haven't had mine from last year! they've promised to send it out with the new batch, but not holding my breath!
  • Options

Shocking reading up on this after a week away... still no results, plus other problems comign out of the woodwork! 

Interestingly found my km splits on my watch from the 10k race:

1 = 5.35

2+3 = 10.43

4 = 5.51 

5 = 5.08

6 = 4.18

7 = 4.43

8 = 4.30

9 = 4.22

10 = 6.44 ?!!!

I think the last K might have been a bit long?!

• Options
    I've sent a plea to the race organiser for some news.
  • Options
    There was the same problem last year with the results. I think they delay the online publication so you'll pay for the results by post instead of waiting.
  • Options

hi Marshallini

Same thought crossed my mind, but if that's true, why not tell people, so they fork out if they want fast service by snail mail?

How did your run go?  Some grip on your soles and stayed upright this year I hope.

• Options

wouldn't the chip firm have the results, they're usually pretty quick!

mmmmmm! chips!!image

• Options
    There's probably something in the contract with ChampionChip that restricts them to disclosing results to race organisers, ie the people who pay them.
  • Options
    They were charging £4.50 for results sheets, so they are probably just after our money. Most races sell result sheets for 20p to £1.00.
  • Options
    Robbing Bar stewards !
  • Options

Previously, the "hard copy" results have been in the form of a bound booklet, not your normal run of the mill sheets of A4 stapled in the corner and actually make a nice souvenir. I don't have a problem with paying a bit more as there's no profit to Rotary as such as they're a charitable organisation. I think that some of the comments here are a bit harsh - it only takes 5 minutes to put the results up if there's someone who is available to do it and who knows how to do it. If their webmaster's gone AWOL and they haven't got anyone who knows their way around HTML then they're stuck - same thing happened to our running club.

• Options
    GM, are you one of the organisers ??? image, Its not just the results we're waiting for, they over charged us for some of our younger members of the club, and are still waiting to be refunded.image
  • Options
    No, but I have been involved in organising races and it can be a thankless task. It only takes a couple of people to let you down and the whole thing can get very fraught. I do know that Rotary's main organiser of RTT stepped down before last year's race. Reading between the lines I think that one or two others may have done the same and I think that they're struggling to maintain the high standards that they'd had previously.
  • Options

At the end of the day, it is totally disgusting.

You are all trying to make excuses for the Organisers. I have been running for longer than I care to remember, when London Marathon was for proper runners, and their medal was of the highest quality from Birmingham Mint. Before Charity Events caused entry fees to escalate, and yes, ran the Race the Train when results were available on time. What is wrong in sending the results to UKResults so everyone gets them on time. I have been involved in many races, and our race which attracts 1300 on a night puts the results on the web the following morning. There is no excuse, they take your money quickly enough. What amases me is that you folk that send in these stupid votes on races are still giving this race 100%, so you must be happy, even if you haven't got any results. RESULTS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN 24 HOURS, after that the event is forgotten until next year, and on to the next event. So organisers of this event can stick your train up your sidings.

• Options
    Well said Brian, I totally agree, If there is a problem why not post it on the web site!!! just a few words and I would understand. But there is nothing, there was no contact number for them before the race, until Phil found it and kindly posted it here. After speaking to the organiser about the money for the kids in the club I was told they would get a cheque at the event, but when getting there we were told no way, and it would be sent out.
  • Options
    And the feed back section on the web site only Feeds back to a blank page image
  • Options
    i take it the results aren't out then!!!
  • Options
    Guys - there seems to be a real problem with the RTT website.  When GM said "If their webmaster's gone AWOL ..." I think he was close to the mark.  Hopefully some sort of solution soon.  I don't think it's a money-making ruse after all!
  • Options
    So what is it Asteroid? Come on spill the beans image
  • Options
    I know they are having the website completly rebuilt for next year
  • Options
    Like I said, GM seems to have summed it up pretty well.  I'm trying to find out whether Brian's suggestion of John Schofield's UKresults site is a solution.
  • Options

The race I did tonight didn't use computer technology, yet the results are up on the website less than 2.5hrs after the last runner finished.

C'mon RTT folks! 

• Options

Hi guys

Panic over.

I've now been sent the results (got them at 10.38 tonight) so they are now online for you all to chew over. Don't shout at me for any errors!! Thought I'd best get them done before I start working on the Wolverhampton entries for Sunday in view of the strength of feeling!!

Here's the link to the main results page which has links to the other "challenges" on it

www.ukresults.net/2007/racetrain.html

Enjoy!

• Options

sorry - missed a 1 out

www.ukresults.net/2007/racetrain1.html

You just can't seem to find anyone who can put a web page link together these days.....

• Options

Thanks to (1) Brian Smith for suggesting ukresults, (2) George Watson, Race Director, for immediately agreeing to use this option when it was put to him, and (3) ukresultsman for loading the results before midnight, having been emailed them at only 21:10 yesterday.

Faith in the world restored - 25th RTT 2008 here we come!

• Options
    Isn't that a lesson to all organisers, stop f.....g about, and get the results to the expert at UKResults.  See you tomorrow John.  Take it easy....
  • Options
    CAN WE HAVE THE 10k RESULTS NOW ASTEROID ?