Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options
    There is much celebrating in the hilly household. Seeing the guys at mile 3 made a huge difference and I think I spotted flashes of glitter and pink around mile 8.
  • Options

Ah well done ByEck....hope you manage to get all the mud off image

Well i went out and ran with my new toy today and did 5.5 miles.....The last run of 2011.....and I may be tempted to go out tom morning aswell.image

Well guys 2011 is almost at a close and i just wanted to say that it has been great joining this thread...you are all such lovely peeps and so caring and supportive. Just wanted to say thank you for making me feel so welcome a few months back and wish that i had found you much sooner...spesh when in the throws of my marathon training...But never mind better late than never at all....I just hope that I can get to meet you all at some point over 2012 and here is hoping its going to be a good one with us all aiming towards our goals and being injury free.....Have fun tonight everyone and once again thank you for being such wonderfull friends...

Byeeeeeee for now xxxxxx

• Options

byeck-Well done you did ud proud and it was great to see you wizz past the cheering CRAC team.Have a great day in the hilly household.

Franny-lovely words I would 2nd what you have written.

LLB- You have about 11hours & 22 minutes to misbehave before firmer measures are applied......to a lesser extent the same applies to you other lovely ladies. image

RR- I hope you get sorted and can get out on the roads.

I am resting today in preparation for my hilly race tomorrow.

Hi Phantom,Chilli,Ecky,Gastank,Jude et all

• Options

Just thought i'd share this pic of me running towards the finish line in this years marathon....

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/Gallery/web-EDJP1506_0.jpeg

• Options
    AF.....Good luck with your hilly race tomorrow.What time does it start.image
  • Options

Well done By'Eck - you did it!!image The mud must have been fun!? Blister sounds sore thoughimage

Franny - what a lovely message! I'm so glad you joined this thread - gosh you are always sooo positive! and you remember everyone in your messagesimage.  Hope you have fun tonight too! Don't the Scots go a bit wild?

I just did 10.19 miles today after all (but I had a reason!)  The parents were allowed to go and watch the last part of swimming training (usually in the Winter we have to wait in the cafe.  In the Summer the roof comes off and we watch from the cafe roof.)  So I really wanted to watch as I haven't seen my son swim since August. He was greatimage. (I saw my daughter a few weeks ago in the competition.) I might get another run in tomorrow but will probably have to wait another week for that 16 miles.

Anyway, have a good day everybody and a super time tonight if I don't come back on.

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/653430/Gallery/DSCF1934.JPG

And this is one of me striding it out at the end of a saturday morning Parkrun......image

• Options
    OhFranny,  I missed the photo!  Wow you still look really good after 26 miles!
  • Options
    You look pretty fast there.  And the view is beautiful!
  • Options

Thanks Jude...I can't believe i was still smiling but then you see the finish line and it just makes you smile.....

We are not doing anthing too wild tonight...it will be a fairly quiet one for us and will be having dinner with the in laws tomorrow.....

you will have plenty time to get your 16 miler in so don't despair...much more important that you see your little un swim.image How is the little one with his eyes...are they clearing up now ?

• Options
    Jude..the view at our parkrun venue is amazing..its set in Crammond along the promenade...makes for interesting conditions at times though.....
  • Options
    lovely photos. Franny it would be great to meet up with some of you during 2012 runsimage As normal for me early dinner and in bed by 10 new years eve and for the first time a club new years day run tomorrowimage
  • Options
    Franny - his eyes are nearly back to normal. He hasn't complained at all but he isn't a fan of the eye drops!
  • Options

Phantom....Hope you enjoy your 1st new year run with your club...start the year as you mean to go on eh!!!! Superb stuff...my club were away today doing a 16 miler in trails near Falkirk.....would have love to have went but just wasn't organised enough and also haven't run that distance in a long while.....Have got club run on wednesday night which i will definitly be going to as its tempo running along with hill repeats.....tempo running i can do on my own but hill repeats i am not a fan of so will be nice to have some company for that.

Jude....Glad his eyes are clearing up and I am not surprised he doesn't like the eye drops.....

• Options
    I have to sort out the adults when they need drops. Children are far better. My Moo now wants a sticker in his book after every meal. Apparently, he is too young to understand rewards...
    AF - good luck for your hilly run tomorrow. Make sure you take a clean set of clothes and clean the bath after you've used it!
    Franny, you will soon build back up to 16 miles and running with company makes even hilly tempo runs seem achievable.
    Phantom, what kind of run is it you are doing tomorrow?
  • Options

Hi By'eck At weekends the club runs in a huge park with woods and streams and stuff.we warm up by a couple of miles run along paths and then a run through the woods and trails.I dont know how long it will be till tomorrowimage

AF best of running luck for tomorrow.

• Options
    10.3 miles in the dark rainy foggy windy countryside early am, out with family doing some shopping, surf and gym this afternoon and then black tie dinner & disco this evening image

New years day swim tomorrow at 9am in budgie smugglers tomorrow with my non virtual running buddies image
  • Options
    Jude Yazicilar wrote (see)

Morning all!

RR - Hope you can get your knee sorted.  It must be very frustrating for you.

Well, have a good day folks!

xxx

Very much so.  If you don't count the 13 minute run I did about a week ago, I haven't been on a proper run for  - oh I don't know, must be upwards of six - eight weeks now.  Massively frustrating!!  I can't even do any rowing because if that gentle push-pull warm up excercise sets my knee off, rowing will be unadvisable.  So no cardio at all right now - the only thing I can do is upper body resistance work. 

It's annoying for another reason as well: I haven't got a large amount of weight to lose, but I must have some otherwise I wouldn't have this excess parked where my six-pack should be. image  And while doing the running, my weight was steadily decreasing, which means the stomach would've gone eventually as well.

One other thing, once I do get back out there I reckon I'm going to ditch the intervals and stick with long and slow runs - faster running must put more strain on the knees, surely?  

• Options

wow...what a lot of posts today !!!image BY'ECK- YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! WELL DONE--fabby fabby ,what a girl!..mud, wet, rain, but you got there just like we knew you would. hope you are blimmin proud of yourself, cos we are!! have a well earned rest and big slice of choc cake!imageonwards and upwards by'eck-book that next race today!!!!

i went out for a gentle 5miles, which turned into 7imagewas very mild and lovely countryside.

i would like to start by saying to franny what a lovely post that was about us all being friends here and supportive. absolutely agree. i dont think id have got  through half of my long runs if it wasnt for me thinking that all you guys were out there doing the same of a morning  also encouraging me !! miss Franny T- YOU have been massive inspiration to me on the marathon front ! so thank you for all your brilliant advice- i know i will do it but prob not looking as good as you do my lovely friendimage...i think my knuckles will be dragging and my knees saggy near the finish line LOLimage

as phantom and franny have said itd be great to meet up with more of you in 2012. it really is fab when you finally get to meet the people who you have been laughing, crying and encouraging  with over the weeks, months, year!! we must make it a MUST to have some CRAC meet ups in 2012.image

RR, i hope ypu can get your knee sorted- i really do sympathise  . it is infuriating when you are improving and getting better and then you are stopped. it'kll be ok soon and i reckon you will be clocking the miles again in no time.image

gastank...well done on your long early run...the white top looked very nice- must have worked for by'eckimage....enjoy your black tie 'DO' sounds very swish indeed.

chili, that sounds v funny about your sis-in-law...lol....dyu know what? i am already having dreams about NDW50 lolimage

jude, glad little ones eye better now, itll be fine. im sure you are going to get hubs running HMs  soon!! image...

hello to DJ, matt(where is he?), smut, angel, spag legs, nandy, spartak(if you are out there!)..and da boss image.....um , boss, i have a confession already............i bought another dress and top in the sale today....but its sooooo niceimageand it was half priceimage

being good now....so good in fact that i have bought a running diary to record my runs/distance/mood/nutrition etc to crack this 50milerimage

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD LAST EVENING OF 2011 AND THANK YOU FOR BEING ALL AMAZING FRIENDS....XXXXXXX LOULAimage

• Options

Franny, they are fab pics, forgot to say that in my above post....lovely views and you look so speedy!! i look like sloth LOLimage

gastank..budgie smugglers??? us girls DEF need a picimage 

• Options
    Hi all

I'm a little late to the party as it looks like this was started last New Year. I'm taking up running again after around three years - a busy work life and the birth of my second little one combined to get me out of the habit, but with late 30s catching up with me, it's time to get myself back into shape. I've been doing two runs a week for the past four or five weeks and am hitting 5k in reasonable times, without finishing myself in the process.

I'm hoping to get myself up to 10k on a regular basis, but will need some help in keeping me going so I don't give in to staying in a warm house on these cold days.

Looking forward to joining in and getting going properly again.
  • Options
    welcome phil....you are just in time for the 2012 thread....enjoy the rideimage
  • Options
    Phil, welcome. We love running and eating cake. These guys are absolutely fantastic. So encouraging and full of knowledge about running, and life in general.
  • Options

we are going round to friends for a few snacks and drinks this evening-best behaviour boss i promiseimage*salutes*....so will be off air for a while but whn i get home will def be logging on here to wish my friendies a happy new year!!! catch you all laterimageimage

• Options

Hello and welcome, Phil!  It's fun here, as you'll soon find out. image

I tried to change my piccy, and I'm having the same problems as before - can't remember what I did to sort it out but I'm sure it'll come to me eventually. image

• Options

Hi Phil and welcome!

RR - I think the profile pic takes 2 days to change, might that explain your problem?

Just waiting for MIL and SIL to arrive for New Year's Eve.  They'll probably only stay for an hour and then we'll watch a film with the kids - either Kung Fu panda2 or one of the Harry Potters - Gosh we know how to have fun!!!imageimage Might even find a party popper or 2!image

• Options
    Hi Phil and welocme a great thread, great people and great fun.......it does however self destruct tonight,but, please join us in are reincarnation,

Franny-Great pictures,great posts and it has been brilliant havingh you on this thread. My race starts at 11 am tomorrow.

LLB-New dresses are fine- they have to be short of course!!!!! I totally agree & hope we all do get a chance of meeting up in 2012.

Well done on all gastank and Jude and others who I probably have forgotten for getting out on this miserable day.

Having an easy night and I doubt I will see the New Year in....need to rest....

I am not sure if I should be running tomorrow....but will be. After I got out of the bath this mornimg I sat on my bed and the next think Mrs AF was in a state of panic as I had passed out and was apperntly fitting (nnever happened to me before) & I had cut myself and am badly brusied on the jaw after hittting the radiatir.....it was a bit scary....and a one off.

I feel OK now but a little jaded. As I have said I am racing tomorrow,but, will be taking it easy on those hills.
  • Options
    Take it easy tomorrow AFimage
  • Options

Hello everyone! I am here again!!

No posts for a long time and no running for me for a month now, I've been properly poorly!! (sob sob) I'm still not better, on 2nd lot of antibiotics now, still feeling quite lousy.......one thing just seems to be leading to another and another. Last week I even came out in the most spectacular rash, a real showstopper it was! Am trying to rest in the hope that I feel well enough to run again soon but  if I'm honest feeling truly miserableimage

I did however purchase some of my Nike Pegasus trainers in the sale on sportsdirect. Yay!! A little incentive there for me. Will probably be joining the ranks of Sportsdirect giant mug owners when they arrive aswell no doubt!

Take care tomorrow AF. And welcome to Phil.

Loula, I agree, it's been so motivational meeting everyone on here........................you are all wonderful and it's so good that we can help and inspire each other. Three cheers for the internet .Happy new year and here's to more challenges and successes!

xxxxxx

• Options

AF - Gosh that is scary!  Hope you are feeling OK now.  I think you should get it checked out though,  just to be on the safe side. Maybe it is the thought of keeping us all under control next year!

MIL and SIL are still here but chattering away about some family stuff so I escaped for 2 minutes.  Kids are playing.  Well SIL is very sweet and bought us all presents.  I got some perfume and kids and hubby got some lovely clothes. My family just do 1 pound presents for the grown ups so it was nice for me to get a 'real' present!  Luckily, we'd got her some nice toiletries.

Gotta go and help kids play Twister!