Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

chili - well done on keeping up with smidge! 

I had a good run this morning (well, apart from being desperate for the loo half the timeimage)

the physio said to me that the one best exercise for the lower body is squats, for the core is plank and for upper body press ups. I can't do a proper press up yet though! guess I should work harder on that!

• Options

Hello? Is anyone here today?

Just pilates class today. Long run tomorrow.

• Options

Ahem.  I don't usually do this but I had to deal with the cake shortage so I baked a date loaf (first time in over 20 years image).

Also I ran 10 miles and had an almond croissant.  Reckon that should do it.

• Options

Afternoon

Ooooooooooooooo quiet on here isn't it ?

Louise Cake sounds yummy and well done on your 10 miler.

Chili.hope your long run going/went well.

I did a 10 mile run with some of the club this morning and golly it was a tough one. Very very very undulating but also a lovely run with lovely folk.

Have a good evening everyone.It's FRidayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.Have a fun weekend whilst I will be at work.

• Options

hello

well done on the running everyone, and the baking Louise

I started the swim smooth squad sessions last night - really good.

Am shattered today so glad I decided Fridays would be rest days

• Options

Last run this morning before my marathon on Sunday...4.2 miles. Getting a little nervous!

Franny & Louise-Well done on your 10 milers.

MC-Well done on your swimming enjoy a day of relaxation!

Hope everyone has a fun weekend....will be a good boy & rest tomorrow.

• Options

Oooh that cakes sounds nice.

Well done on the runs/swims. AF - we will be cheering you on!

Haven't slept well all week. Only 5 or 6 restless hours each night. So this afternoon I was feeling rough with a headache and itchy throat. But the weather was lovely so I set off with No.2 on her bike. Had planned to do 3hrs 30mins. But got the route mixed up in my head and ended up doing 4hrs/20 miles! Ran out of water and food. But it was lovely coming home together in the dark. Must remember to take a torch next time cos under the trees it was very difficult to see the path.

Had a very hungry child by the time we arrrived home. I'm hungry too but my tum doesn't seem to want to eat. Strange thing is my legs felt okay and I didn't struggle with the run even though I'm so tired. Pretty amazing what the body can do.

• Options

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww Chili...amazing run.well done to you and No.2 girlie. Yes it is amazing how your body adapts and gets used to things and again how easy it can be to lose that too...lol as I found out yesterday..ha ha You will be fabby in your ultra run next month.

MC well done on your swim

AF.Rest up today m'lad and the very best of luck tomorrow Boss

Right I am off to work

Have a good day all image

• Options

morning all

chili - well done to you and your girl - hope that run helped you sleep well last night

can't believe we need to take big boy shopping again - on Wednesday on the way to swimming he said that he needs new trunks - he could have thought of that when we were in the sports shop last week! I hate spending my saturday afternoons going shopping! I think we better get him a new coat too  - it will be comedy short sleeves time if we try to make him wear the coat that is 2 years oldimage he might refuse to wear it, but if he wants to scout camps he is not going without a coat!

• Options

Hi all!

Chili - well done on your longer than expected run!

AF - Good luck for tomorrow!

MC - Swim smooth squad sessions sound good! (I'm a bit jealous!)

Franny and Louise - well done on your 10 milers and your cake Louise.

Very busy week for me and we all have a 'back to school' snuffly nose and sore throat.

Went for a wonderful swim yesterday (my Wednesday swim had been cancelled for some reason). 

Also, managed a quick 4 mile run today - after taking kids swimming, having my hair cut, going to school for a meeting and going to the music centre to arrange kids music lessons .....image .... and all before 1pm...lol.

Gonna give kids their piano lessons this afternoon.image

Weather is a perfect 24C - just right for September. 

Have a good weekend folks.xx

• Options

hello all !! chili what a fab run/bike wth your daughter!! be careful in the dark though please young lady *wags finger*

franny sis, hope work not too busy , and you enjoyed your trail run yesterday image

• Options

Hi Loula!

How's everything with you? Any events lined up? Life treating you well? 

• Options

Jude - apparently we're going to have nice weather tomorrow too! Swimming and running - sounds like you are doing great.

Hi Loula! How are you sweetie?

MC - how was the shopping? I hate shopping with a passion. But the kids just keep growing! Took my girls to a big sainsbury's today and managed get enough to keep them happy for a while.

This morning was parkrun. My Big Girl decided she was too tired. No.3 wimped out of the second lap. But my amazing No.2 who cycled 20 miles last night finished the whole 5k with me.

Brings my mileage this week to 35 miles... image

• Options

Jude - wow, busy day! 

Loula! hope you are well

manic day for me today now settled on the sofa to relax for a bit before an early night and a sprint tri tomorrow

• Options

MC - Good Luck! Enjoy! x

• Options

Morning

Good luck MC and Boss

Off to work

• Options

Just popping in to see how MC and Boss got on. Look forward to reading your race reports!

• Options

Morning

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo peeps

How did MC and AF get on yesterday ?

My news of the day is that our club runner Fionna Cameron was taking part in the tooting 24hr race at the weekend which involved running round a track for 24hrs. This is so as she could get in to team GB. Well she did exceedingly well and clocked up 134.6 miles in 24hrs which is a new female record. She was 1st lady and 2nd overall. What a fantastic achievement that is.Blimmin hard enough to stay awake for 24hrs never mind running for that length of time image

Well I have did some 1km repeats this morning x 6 and now off to work.

Have a good wherever you are all hiding.

• Options

Morning Franny and all

Wow that's brilliant! 134.6 miles!!!! Doesn't bear thinking about!  Well done on your 1Km repeats. Have a good day at work.

I did a nice 9 miler yesterday and then had a fairly lazy day.

I kept popping on here yesterday for news of MC and AF but no news and.... also is there a problem with this thread? It doesn't appear on the list of training threads.image

Anyway, have a good day all! xx

• Options

Afternoon,

Couldn't find the thread easily!!

Well I finished the New Forest Marathon in 4.05.04 which I was really pleased with as it was a fairly undulatinmg. So 3 marathons under my belt.

Race Report New Forest Marathon

There were 3 of us from my running club doing this race so we all travelled toegther. unfortunately it was my turn to drive so a 2 hour drive starting at 6.15 am.

Got to the start with ample spare time and for once there was a plentiful supply of toilets.

The plan was for the 3 us of to run together  (all of us are 49 so have gone race crazy!) . It was perfect running conditions slightly overcast but dry. Myself and the lady I run with a lot decided that we would aim for 9.30 minute miles. However, we found running that slow quite difficult. The other chap in our group is  aliitle slower than us hence the 9,30 pace. However, he was finidng it quite hard work with his breathing in the first few miles. Probably not helped by me constantly going sub 9 minutes. Anyway, the scenary was great and we were running through country lanes and trails.

Myself and the lady from my club were finidng it a bit difficult waiting at each water stop and after about mile 11 the chap told us to go on. It was at this point that we slotted into a nice comfotable pace of around 8.45-9.15 minute miles. After about mile 18 it was great to realise that we weren't going to hit the wall & we started overtaking a lot of people. It was nice to here people say "well done you two" they probably mumbled under their breaths as we passed the - not nad for some oldies!!!

There was a mega hill at mile 22 which we decided to walk up and cosnerve our energy. At the top my friend asked me how were we doing on time and I told her. She then informed me that her Marathon PB was 4.08 so I menatlly calculated that we could get her a PB.So I upped the pace for the last 3 miles she sent me on at the last 3/4 mile but still crossed the line in 4.05.40 so was really chuffed that she got a PB on a tough course. We felt a little quilty about not waiting for the third member of the 49 club,but he didn't finish until about 15 minutes afterwards and was fine about us going ahead & was pleased with our times. 

So a great day out & marathon No 4 is booked - The Beachy Head Marthon on 26/10 with No5 likely to be the Portsmouth Coastal Marathon on 22/12. 

I am a little achey today,but, will aim to do a recovery run of 4 or so miles tomorrow before my bootcamp!  

• Options

wow, well done AF!

Sorry about not posting yesterday, must have lost the thread!

Anyway, weather was lovely for my tri, th swim was a pool swim, other people in the lane were a bit aggressive but I managed not to lose count and jogged up to transition, faffed a bit, off on the bike and this is where my lack of bike training really showed, I found the hills tough but kept ploughing away and I think did roughly the same time as in May on the same course so not too bad, but my legs were now trashed for the run! Ran/walked it, it was hot now and finished happily in 1:38 - bit slower than a year ago, but most of that was the run section which is only to be expected

spent the evening sewing badges on a cubs uniform, only to look at it when I finished and realise most of the badges on the sleeve have ended up on the inside of the elbow! imageimageimage going to have to do it all again....but not tonight because poor boy has cubs and I am swimming!

• Options

blimey franny that woman in your club is amazing

• Options

AF, well done!  Sounds like a lovely event, great to be able to run with a friend all the way.

MC, great result considering your training has been impacted this year.**

I managed to stick with my plan for the last week or so, which meant 10 miles Friday, hill training Saturday and 15 miles (2x Richmond Park) on Sunday.  I was pretty pleased with the park session because it is quite tough, mix of trail and paths and reasonably hilly.  Speed intervals tonight, and not in the rain this week which will be nice.

** I couldn't even dream of a sprint tri image

• Options

MC-Well done on your sprint tri.

Louise-Sounds like your training is going well. Can't remember what you have entered for.

Managed to get out for an achey 5 miler this morning and an achey boot camp as well. 75% recovered from Sunday's exertions.   

• Options

Afternoon

Blimey its not easy finding this thread image What is going on? Is it just me or is everyone else having bother?

AF well done on your marathon and getting your clubmate a PB.Pleased you got out for a recovery run and bootcamp.

MC...great effort on your sprint tri especially with all the training upsets you have had.

Just a weight and cross train session for me today. Will run tomorrow.

Fionna the girl in the running club is also in trail mag this issue. She was very sore yesterday and was finding it hard to move around and was trying to get some crutches...Ouch I am not surprised.....

Bye for now folks

• Options

Franny-It isn't just you could onlhy find this via my personal settings! That lady from your club is amazing. 

• Options

afternoon everyone

yeah, I am finding it hard to find all my favourite threadsimage

my run this morning was hard, not sure if it was because it was so hot or whether it was because I was tired, walked the last 1/4 mile, but 4 miles is 4 miles - all run/walk but pleased with that

• Options

Well done AF and MC on two great performances!image

Louise - well done on your impressive training.

Hi everybody else! Just a quick visit as I'm just back from parents evening....

Yep, I'm finding this thread through the search engine.

x  

• Options

Mmmm, took me two days to find the thread. Sorry - am a bit dim and very, very tired.

AF - congratulations! image Sounds like a wonderful marathon. And appears you really like the distance.

MC - well done to you too. Great result even with your training stuggles this year.

I'm having a cut back week. Just some shorter runs and a sports massage today (ouch!) On Thursday I go on my holiday. Leaving hubby and girls behind to visit my brother who lives in Berlin. Will wave at the marathon runners on Sunday. Am very excited.

• Options

chili - hope the massage was good

have a brilliant time in Berlin, enjoy a bit of time without kids and don't spend too much time worrying about them