Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

Jude - you seem to have been back for ages already, hope you are ready for the kids

most of my classes seem ok so far, apart from the year 8s which I have had to keep in at lunch already!

• Options

Mine's a private school so they have to get their money's worth out of us!

• Options

AF - sounds like some great mileage and great running. Wish I had your speed.

We haven't from Loula in a while, I hope she is doing okay. Lol! Of course you will end up doing an Ultra... its all so addictive image

Jude - wow, you are doing so well with your swimming! And don't excuse your 'waffling' I love hearing your news and plans. Really hope you have a lovely time.

MC - sleep well. Hope you have a good weekend of rest.

Franny  - good to hear that your ankle is okay.

DJ - if you pop in this weekend then just know we are thinking of you.

Rest day today. Made some apple and date chutney this evening. And tomorrow is the twins birthday trip out. They asked to go to Whipsnade Zoo.... think we might get wet...

• Options

morning all

chili - hope you all have a great time at the zoo

well my kids are back to normal routine now and saturday activities, the little one is starting the music sessions that the eldest has been doing for a few years so we are going along to help him choose which sessions to do etc

then I am off to my normal swimming session

on Thursday we discovered that big boy's scout shirt is now much too short for him (comedy short sleeves half way up his arm!) so we will have to go and get him a new one this afternoon! I am hoping to squeeze a run in too somehow

• Options

Morning all

Well sadly my brother in law passed away yesterday.It was peaceful in the end,and he wasn't in pain.It is very sad and i really feel for my niece who has lost her dad at just 23.My wife is still a bit numb about it.We had very little contact with him in the last few years as he tended to move from bedit to bedsit following the break up of his marriage,and it was hard to keep track of him.So it was a shock when we found he was ill and when we spoke to the hospital last week they said he just needed a rest and wasn't seriously ill.Suddenly on Tuesday we found that 3 years ago he had been told his liver was seriously damaged by drinking and he would die unless he stopped,and now his liver had failed and he was dying.He was a lot older than my wife and was 62,but that is still no age to die these days.

I feel a lot better today and my temperature and lethargy have gone.I have some pain in my back and i think i may have a kidney infection,so it's off to the docs on Monday.I will go for a gentle run this evening just to keep my legs turning over,but i won't push hard at all and my LSR will have to wait until next week.

We have a new resident in our house.Yesterday morning i saw our cat with a mouse in his mouth.It must have escaped unharmed and last night kept running around the lounge.He doesn't appear to be scared and looks like he's having a lot of fun.He's really quite cute.I put a humane trap out for him,but he hasn't taken the bait yet.I really don't want the cat to get him again because he is such a nice little mouse.

• Options

Aw DJ sorry to hear the sad news about your BIL but at least he is at peace now. Pleased you are feeling better and able to run. The poor wee moose running loose aboot yoor hoose...hope you can catch it before the cat image

Went a lovely hill walk with a few 2 folk from the running club and Chico and hubby came too. It was over the Pentland Skyline with 3 peaks involved about 5.5 miles. Lovely day for it with stunning views.

MC,hope you get your swim and run in and pleased you are feeling less tired.

AF...hmmmmm wondered when the ultra bug would hit you...lol

Ecky...Happy 40th Birthday.Hope your having a good one.

Jude..hope your day was cooler as forecasted.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend

• Options

oh DJ so sorry to hear your sad news

Happy Birthday Ecky

• Options

DJ , so sorry to hear of your news,thats not a good thing, hope you all come through it and are ok .xx

good training from all by the sounds of it ! ive miised so many posts on here ive had to have a scan through to catch up!!

chili, how can people DO that? that's awful, thins like that make me so blimmin crossimageare you doing stort?? what date is it again ? I REALLY want to do it !!! id love to run with you.

HAPPY BURFDEE ECKSimage

• Options

Awww, DJ - so sorry. A sad time for you all. The mouse story did make me smile though.

Loula - the date is 27 Oct. You are much faster than me though. Aren't you Rocker's speed? He's doing it too. But we could have cake together image

Happy Birthday Ecky. I know this is a big one so hope you have had a wonderful day.

We spent the day at Whipsnade Zoo courtesy of the amazing Tesco vouchers (makes it affordable for a family of 6!). It's the twins birthday on Monday and this is what they requested. Rained all morning which we were dressed off, but wished I'd been more prepared for the near winter temperature!

Am hoping to meet up with Rocker and Liz for a run through the woods tomorrow.... think it might be a bit muddy.

• Options

Afternoon

What a horrible day..rainy,wet and v windy...yuck

Brilliant finish at the mens race in the Great North Run...fantastic effort by Mo

Just a wee 3 mile tempo run for me but chickened out and did at he gym...lol

Going to MIL later for Sunday Dinner as she wanted to cook as its my birthday tomorrow....image

Have a nice day everyone

• Options

DJ - Sad news about your brother-in-law. Thinking of you and your family at this time.

Chili - Hope you got out for your run through the woods. Whipsnade Zoo sounds like a good choice! happy birthday to your girls.

MC - Good that both your boys are doing the music sessions now. We've signed little 'un up for violin lessons. (Poor teacher...lol!!)

Franny - Happy Birthday for tomorrow! Hope you have a lovely day and are having a nice dinner out today.

Beautiful sunny day here and not too hot. We're all getting ready for school tomorrow. Kids all have new bags, same design, different colours and they are busy finishing HW (they have only had 3 months to do it after all!!)

I did a 6 miler yesterday and just over 7miles today. Wanted to go a bit further but hips were aching. Very pleased that I averaged 9.44 mins per mile though. Haven't been able to run that speed for at least a year!image

Hope you are having a nice day and the weather isn't too bad today..??

• Options

Afternnon,

DJ-Sorry to hear about your brother in law. Hopefully he is in peace now.  

Ecky-Happy birthday for yesterday.

Franny-Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Is it your 30th yet?  image Yes I was talking about ultras to a lady from my club today and she has done one and will do one with me if I want to do one.  

Loula-Good to see you sneak in. Are you still running the Downs link ultra?  

Jude-Well done on your combined hald over the weekend & even better that you are pleased with your 9.44 minute miles.  

Chilli-We did Whipsnade zoo courtesy of tesco vouchers as well a couple of years ago.

Lovely start to the day and wnet up to the South Downs and did 11.6 miles so a 30 mile weekend for me......now I am going to be good and rest before my marathon on Sunda. 3 x 4 milees for me. 

• Options

Hi everyone.

Really enjoyed the GNR and the close finish.What a race.

Went for a 3k tempo run this afternoon and disaster struck.1.5 miles in I felt a sharp pain in my left calf.I stopped and gently stretched and I could tell i'd strained it.I walked back home ok,but as it's cooled down it's become very sore.Seems like a grade 2 strain.I've iced it and I've got a compression bandage on at the moment.So i'm going to be about 3 weeks off running.I'll start gently stretching it on Tuesday and then increase my stretches later in the week and then I will try and get a massage done on it.It's so frustrating as I was doing so well with my running,and I really need it to help me deal with the stress in my life.Hopefully I can get back to where I left off by the end of next month.

• Options

oh DJ that is bad news, lots of ice and rest and hope it recovers soon

Jude - well done on your running, hope the kids enjoy school tomorrow

AF - now that the idea of an ultra has entered your head I am pretty sure you will be doing one soon!

franny - have a lovely birthday tomorrow

• Options

Oh no dj that is a really pity.

• Options

I'm sure it will be ok with rest and rehabilitation.In future i'm going to keep my tempo runs to club nights and Parkruns and just stick to long runs and general runs from home.That way i won't risk running too fast without being adequately warmed up.I think that was my problem.

• Options

Happy Birthday Franny!image

DJ - Ouch! hope it heals soon.

Jude - well done! image sounds a lovely speed.

AF - great mileage!

Rocker, Liz, No.2 and I did nearly 6 miles along a part of the canal path for the ultra. Very slow but lovely. My daughter's longest run and she ran so well.

Have just finished making the birthday cakes and waiting for them to cool. When I wake up this morning I shall be decorating them.

• Options

Morning All

Good running Chilli and Jude 

DJ hope your leg is better today.

Ah well better shoot of to work 1st day back after 20 days off and my birthday too

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone.

Have a nice day

• Options

Happy Birthday young Franny.Shame you are back at work!!

Chilli-Well done to all of you.

Resting today. 4-5 milrt tomorrow and bootcamp.

• Options

Happy Birthday Franny imageimageimage

Leg not too bad today.I think i may be lucky and be able to start gentle rehab in a couple of days and be running gently within a month.

Good news.The mouse was in the trap this morning so i was able to release him into the woods.I'm so glad the cat never got him.He had a lucky escape getting away from the cat in the first place.

• Options

evening image

DJ - good to hear your leg isn't too bad. Glad the mouse got away tooimage

I had a good run this morning and off to swimming shortly

• Options

Evening everyone

My twins are 10 today! image So I spent the morning making the cakes. After our summer adventure holiday, one asked for a canoeing cake, the other for rockclimbing. So i put the two together and made huge cake. Was so much fun! And they loved it. So this afternoon was extremely noisy as we had four extra girls here for a tea-party. Homemade BBQ burgers and chunky chips.

Am exhausted now... looking forward to my bed. And hope to do my first swimming pool swim tomorrow since June. Our local pool has been closed all summer being refurbished. Unfortunately they also made most of the staff redundant and then employed new people!

Hope you've had a good day Franny

• Options

Another award winning cake made by my honey!! For Chili 2 & 3's 10th birthday!! image

/members/images/728570/Gallery/602383_10200152912057270_2138837620_n.jpg

• Options

Morning

WOW what a brill fabby looking cake.bet it tasted yummy too.

Had a lovely birthday yesterday once work was over and done with. Hubby made me lovely meal as I didn't want to go out...well we had dinner out every night on holiday so was nice to have my fave meal made for me ..piri piri chicken recipe given by our friend Amelio in Portugal. Much better than Nando's says my son. Got lots of nice prezzys too.

DJ.Pleased the mouse was released into the woods and good news about your leg too.

MC.well done on your swim and run too

Chilli Enjoy your swim today.

Work later for me. Have done a wee 3.1 tempo run this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

• Options

Afternoon,

Franny-Well done on yur 3.1 mile run.Pleased you had a nice birthday.

Chilli-Happy Birthday too your twins.Great cake.

DJ-Fingers crossed fro you.

5.4 miles this morning and boot camp....am in the process of easing down fro sunday.    

• Options

Thanks for your kind comments.

AF - oooooh, another exciting weekend image

Franny - sounds a lovely meal.

No swimming today. Although the pool was apparently open, the place is like a building site - dirty changing rooms, lockers that don't work and when I submitted my pre-paid card to the new receptionist (they made all the old ones redundant last week and employed new staff) she didn't know what to do with it. I turned round and walked out... I like my swims to be enjoyable, not stressful.

So just a bit of cycling today. Will do a good run tomorrow.

• Options

wow what an amazing cake chili. Hope the twins enjoyed their birthday

not good news about the swimming pool chili - how rubbish

I have been back to the physio today and she is very positive about progress and has told me to do loads of squats

• Options

Hi all, and belated birthday wishes Franny image.

Chili that was a spectacular cake!  There has been a bit of a shortage lately...

I've had a bit of a mixed week - last week my knee was a bit sore after being twisted in my hills session, so I had to bail out of Tuesday intervals.  Rested a few days and all seems ok - managed this week's hills, intervals last night, and a short run + gym this morning.  I still have some pelvic pain which is a real nuisance because it's impossible to tell whether it's bone, muscle, or something internal.  Waiting image for physio appointment and results of blood test.  No crunches in the gym because that might just be the cause.

Glad to hear you are making progress MC & DJ.  These things do drag on don't they!

• Options

Sorry to hear you are a bit sore Louise.

MC - I think I should probably add squats to my crunches and dumbell routine... when I get round to it.

On the plus side I have already done my 6-7mile run this morning. image Smidge rode her 'new, big' bike to school and goes 3 times as fast which meant that I actually had to run to keep up with her. She just needs to master the brake now... I had to be alongside to grab it each time we needed to stop.