Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

Morning all!

By'eck - So good to hear from you here. We missed you. Sorry you have been having a hard time.  Hope life gets easier for you and your family soon. Are you managing to get out and run?

Chili - well done on your pilates. How did the swiss roll cake turn out?

Mr Chili - Welcome back!

Did another 4 miler this morning. That's 7 days running in a row. All slow and short and I've put on 4 lbs!!!?? But feeling a bit fitter and I'm gonna mix it up and put some intervals in/ or try a bit further next week.

Last day at school today and then off until the last week of August.image

Have a good day all.....

• Options

Morning All

Jude well done on7  days in a row. I would suggest to mix it up with some intervals one day then the next day just go steady. You don't want to be doing interval work everyday.image So envious of your long summer holidays. Enjoy image you deserve them after all your hard work.

Hiya Byeck...Nice to hear from you.

AF...Boss the book I am reading is called Running Crazy and is about some of the people who are in the 100 mara club and some wannabees. You can apply to be a member as a wannabee once you have reached 50 lol..Intersesting book and the fact that these folk don't really train as such as they are almost doing a marathon every other week imageimage 

Interval session for me today and a short swim followed by Jacuzzi.

Chico has his post op vet visit today so hopefully we can get back to his normal routine again. He has missed playing with his doggy friends at the park and they have missed him too.

Chilli...Did the rainbow cake work out ????/ Bet it was yummeeeeeee

Have a good day everyone

• Options

Morning!

Yes, the rainbow cake turned out great! image It looks so pretty but I can't upload pics on to this site. This is the recipe that I used

http://www.huliq.com/10559/5-colorful-reasons-serve-rainbow-cake-roll

I bought some nice gel food colouring and I don't think it would work with the traditional ones you can get in a supermarket.

Hubby arrived home at breakfast this morning to the immense delight of my four very bouncy and excited girlies. He's had an amazing 3 weeks.

But most importantly he is home to watch 3 of the children whilst I do a LSR this afternoon with 1 daughter cycling alongside image

Well done Jude on your run every day.

Franny - I read a book about the 100 club last year and thoroughly enjoyed it too. Then met one of the character's at Abingdon marathon.

Byeck - Hi *waves*. We've missed you image

• Options

Chili - Glad Mr Chili had a great time. Enjoy your LSR with daughter.

Franny - Enjoy your run/ swim / jacuzzi.

We had a health and safety seminar this morning. I obviously should have listened more because I immiediately came out and bashed my head on an open window! image Just a bit ironic...lol. I have a little dressing on my forehead and feel very silly.image 

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Chilli your cake sounds amazing, I've looked at tht sort of recipe a few times and it looks so complicated I'm not sure I could cope! 

Jude, you lucky thing, I'm not long back from Afghanistan and this is the last official day of my leave - back to work Monday, very jealous image 

• Options

Mrs Noel - Enjoy your last free day. Did you have a good break? Are you a soldier?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi all

been a busy day today

by eck - hope you are all ok

been so tired, didn't get up this morning, had planned to go to the gym after school, but forgot to take my lunch to school today so came home and ate it instead of going t the gym. Oh well, let's call today a rest day!

I am going to an open water training thing tomorrow which will be fun, and meeting someone off one of the tri threads there tooimage

• Options

MC - are you okay? You seem to have been under the weather for a few weeks. You're not anemic are you? Maybe your body is just taking a while to recover from the sick bug you had.

Mrs N - The cake was a little bit fiddly cos you have to seperate the eggs the whip both and then add the rest of the ingredients. But it was very good fun.

Jude - ouch! But so good to hear that you are now on summer hols. Do you have any plans for this year? You're not coming back over are you?

Well, just back from the LSR. Should have been 2hrs 45mins but was 3hrs. With my gorgeous No.2 cycling alongside. Was very warm so was quite pleased with the light drizzle. There is a very steep hill that has switch backs to get up and I slowly jogged all the way to the top image

The rainbow cake tastes fantastic. The sponge is lightly flavoured with lemon to hide any taste of the colouring and it really works. Then with a cream cheese filling it was sooo yummy.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

chili - I think it is a combination of having been ill and stress at work and home to be honest. I'll be ok...

well done on your run chili - and your girl for cycling for that long too!

the cake looks fantastic

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Jude I only just saw your previous post, it's the Shakespeare Stratford yes!

Yes, hence the sunny holiday all expenses paid.... Yay! 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning allimage

open water training session coming up this morning, and will be meeting someone off the tri thread thereimage

kids are staying at in-laws tonight so we are going for a mealimage

only 17 days of school to go - and only 3 more lessons with year 10 before they go on work experienceimage

• Options

Hi everyone...back in Dubai for a couple of days to finish admin I really ought to have done while I was here in the first place image.

Did 16k club slow run on Friday morning - quite a contrast to be back in 35+ degrees after London, but it was fun to do the old route.  Got a short one planned for this evening but unlikely to do a good time.  Cake plans for tomorrow image

• Options

Morning,

Chilli-The Thames Meander is full- I will run a race with you guys sometime...hopefully when you are next down South!! Well done on your 3 hour run. That cake looks great.

MC-Enjoy your training session. Enjoy your meal out as well- it is nice having some quality child free time!!! 

Jude-Well done on your daily run. Impressive.

Franny-That book sounds great I must see if I can get hold of it.

Have a nice Saturday- may do a short run this pm or go on the treadmill. Just a 4.5 mile club run yesterday- but I managed to run with a speedy mile with one of the laides in 7.11 which was pleasing. 13 mile run tomorrow with some peole from the club & have a 15 mile race next Sunday...also may do a hilly 6 mile race on Wednesday as the ex Mrs AF is making her racing debut and my daughters are going along to watch.

• Options

AF - Oh! Is it really full? I only signed up last week. Hope Matt got in.

Matt!!!! MATT!!!! Did you get a place?

MC - hope you have had a lovely day and enjoy your meal tonight.

Louise - well done on your hot run image

AF - sounds like some good plans.

My twins had a Brownie outing today, but I picked up a friend of my Big Girl and we went to Parkrun. Unfortunately the friend who came, wearing boots rather than the trainers I had recommended, wasn't as fit as she thought she was. I leant her some trainers but she barely made it round one lap. Which put her in an edgy kind of mood.

My Big Girl had wanted to do our short bike ride (5miles) to a really nice play park for a picnic. Except her friend is only used to cycling up and down the street. So we drove to the park and played for a while until her friend said she was too tired. (Are you getting the picture here?) It's the first time this has happened. My girls know they do far more fun sport than other children, but I think she has been a bit taken aback today. Am just hoping that they don't all hit puberty and decide not to do any exercise anymore!

Having said that I am looking forward to a rest day from training tomorrow.

• Options

Morning image, sorry I am rubbish at getting on here lately. I hope everyone is okay and running is going well.

I am racing today at a local 10k that raises money for a Hospice. We raced on Tues too with a very hilly 5 miler. We only have 2 more league races after this, the time has gone so quick.

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Well I did my weekly long run yesterday with 45 mins of weights and stretching. Today I had planned to swim and go out on the bike. However my other half goes back to sea today for 3 months image so to minimise time away, ill stick to the bike. I'm back to work myself tomorrow, which will be weird. But I'm keeping positive about him leaving by reminding myself that my nutrition will get back on track and I'll get back to my usual training mileage after almost 5 weeks of being hit and miss! 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning all

ecky - nice to hear from you, hope you and the family are all well

chili - not all girls give up sport when they hit their teens - I have quite a lot of sporty girls in my classes. Bit worrying when someone gets tired from playing in a park though

have done a turbo session (should have been outside but we need to try and get a wheel/tyre issue on my car fixed so have ended up with not as much time as I should have had) and have swimming tonight

yesterday had a great morning at the open water swimming session - finally met someone off the shorter tri thread, the swim session was great, and luckily buttercup and I got on well - I gave her a lift back to the station and we just chatted away as if we had known each other for longer. Always a strange situation to meet someone you have only ever chatted to online! The meal last night was lovely too - we have finally found a gastro pub type place that does amazing food and isn't too expensive. I made sure I chose a light starter so I would have room for dessert - last time we went there I didn't have room for dessertimage - unheard of for me not to enjoy a pudding when we are out

• Options

Morning all!

MC - Nice to meet up with a forum friend and glad you enjoyed your meal. Sounds like a good place to eat. 17 days... hope it goes quickly and smoothly.

Chili - My girl hit puberty back in March (on International women's day actually) and nothing changed at all.... and she is a swimmer so you can imagine we had a bit more to contend with.....I'm sure your girls will be fine!

Ecky - good luck today for your 10K!

Mrs Noel - Well done on your long run. 3 months is a long time to be apart - hope it goes quickly for you and that you enjoy the small advantages.

AF - Enjoy your 13 miler today.

Louise - Enjoy your cake. Our city always has a lot of Arab visitors in the summer. They come here to escape the heat, lol!! It must be sooo hard running in Dubai! So well done to you! Here in Turkey today, it is much cooler than it has been all week.image 

Yesterday I did a 4 miler with intervals and today (day 9) I managed a slow 5 miles.

Tomorrow, I'm having a rest day as the kids don't have swimming and we are going to the seaside for the day.image

Today is Lego Frenzy Day (named by my boys). Kids plan to build a whole city on the living room floor and hubby and I have been told we have to build something too. What fun!imageimageimage

BFN x

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

What are you going to build?! Can I suggest a pub? That serves real booze.

• Options

Lol! imageAs you can see I'm putting it off. Hubby is having a nap......He hasn't built anything either. A pub may be easier than the Death Star.....

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

lego frnezy days sounds brill Jude! Enjoy your day at the seaside tomorrowimage

• Options

Hi Mathschick, we are all great thanks. Its lovely that you got to meet a fellow forumite.

Hi Mrs Noel, nice to meet you and well done on your run.

Hi Jude and Thanks.

image did I hear right that someone left pudding image

Well back from a lovely but very hot 10k. I reckon I was just over the hour as it was boiling and no shade  at all. It was a fab course over fields and stiles and with a bit of cowpat dodging going on and a climb over a bit of a fence. Its lovely as its just 5 mins from where I live so I know lots of people. I was so happy too as my best friend was at the finish line. I have not seen her for years since she moved to Ireland, she was over as her Dad was one of the Marshalls. I was nearly beaten by Scooby Doo too but just managed to pass him.

• Options

Lovely 12.12 mile run along the canal this morning with 5 people from the club. Very hot even at 9am,but, great start to the day.

Mrs Noel-Real booze - does that mean a proper pint of bitter?   

Ecky-Well done on your 10k and beating Scooby Doo!

Jude-I think lego is the best children's toy by far.

Have also entered Marathon no 3 - the New Forest Marathon on 22/9!  

• Options

Hi Boss, I would have been gutted if he had beat me, he was brilliant though as he also ran the 4.4k fun run and then did the 10k, well done on your run too. I am going to up my miles as I want to do a HM in Oct. Looks like you have the Marathon bug now too.image

• Options
    Mrs NoelMrs Noel ✭✭✭

Arg. So no Phys at all for me today. Oh well, not going to see Him Indoors now till October and family comes first, right? 

So, in the interests of cake, we had dinner out - I went the healthy route (tomato salad, chicken skewers) then rounded off with.....peanut butter cheesecake with honeycomb and chocolate ice cream. Food induced guilt - most definitely. Regrets - none. Ecky - I didn't leave a single bite. 

Alistair - real booze can be real ale if that's what ticks your boxes! 

• Options

Gosh Mrs Noel, that cheesecake sounds yummy! Hope starting back at work isn't too stressful.

Ecky - well done on your 10K.image

AF - Marathon no. 3! You are hooked. 

Well, as luck would have it, it is a rainy day today so the trip to the seaside has been postponed until tomorrow or Wednesday. Gorgeous summer rain though.image We are gonna have brunch on the veranda (we all slept inimage) and then I must start cleaning the house as it is a tip. Lego Frenzy is continuing for the kids as they didn't finish yesterday,image which just shows you how much lego they have....

Rest day for me as far as running goes.

Have a smashing day all. x

• Options

MOOOOORNING

Mrs Noel, I'm proud of you for eating up all of your pudding. Mmmmmmm I love cheesecake.

Morning Jude and Thanks. We only have 2 league races left now and I'm gutted. We have such a lovely team and you see the same people out every year so you get quite a bind with them and other teams. Brunch on the veranda sounds lovely.

Rest for me for a couple of days now and a meeting this afternoon with a lady who is trying to get local people interested in activity. She is interested in our walking group and will be able to signpost people to it which will be brilliant.

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Options

Morning

Went for a run Saturday afternoon; did a 'warm up' lap very slowly (21:33) because it was pretty hot.  Then 'ran' it - in 21:32!  image   Looked at the temp when I got back to the car and it was still 39 degrees so I forgave myself.

Heading back to London today, excited.

Jude, sounds like your training is going well image

• Options

Ooooh I love peanut butter and cheesecake! Sounds wonderful Mrs N. And If I wasn't going to be seeing my other half until October I would probably be eating the whole thing too!

Ecky - well done on your race

AF - See! You are converted now image marathon no.3!

My girls are on a roll. This afternoon was another school sports day and my Big Girl came first in her 100m sprint! She even beat the lads image

• Options

Well done Louise, I don't know how you do it in that heat.

Hi Chilli, are you still beaming with pride image and Thanks.

Had a really good meeting today which has ended up with me agreeing to set up a walking group for local people to get fit. We may be able to use the community fire station as our base.