Options

Baxters Loch Ness Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Just had my butternut squash and bean soup out the goody bag for my lunch ....mmmm was nice!image
  • Options
    This race sounds great, it`s on the list for next year. image
  • Options

Hi guys.  My thighs still tight today. Weird thing to say but wasn't that too fast a time for you Loon dod??

Have you tried the baxters carrot & corriander soup Amber - yummy. We stopped of at Baxters on way home.

Took me 4 hours to get to Aviemore on the Friday - should have taken 2 hours but bad accident at House of Bruar - thought it was an omen for the weekend!!

My work mates treating me to carrot cake and chocolate muffins this afternoon- complex carbs overdose me thinks!! 

• Options

Sounds nice karen!(the muffins carrot cake and soup)not the sore thighs!image

took us a long time too was 5 hours to get to Lochness  on saturday but only  3 hours 10mins coming home!

Results are now on the Lochness web site.image

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

Forgot to post on this thread and need to read back.

Need to thank Nessie for getting me round this one on Sunday. Without her company I think I would have walked a hell of a lot more! Thanks x

Will have to read back and see how you all did now!

• Options

725th place for me with a chip time of 4:04:53........not too bad for a first marathon. 

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    oops - forgot to thank Happycat too - she came out at the end to meet Nessie and I to run part of the way in with us. Really helped to take my mind off the pain........ Thanks x
  • Options

I know what you mean Karen but if you only train and race slow you only ever race slow which is why I do 2 interval sessions a week to try and keep basic speed up plenty time for LSR in the next few months.

I did have a lot of difficulty holding the pace kept speeding up and had to force my self to slow down but when running slower I find I can hold the  pace no problem.

I did an age grade calculation came out at 2 hrs 58 min so thats a pb by 3 mins LOL

Glad you got home safe Roobarb you looked very fresh at finish. 

• Options

image  Well done all, sounds a toughy with the hills image

• Options
    Now you are making me feel inadequate again loon dod - kidding, that was brill time!! That was just my 2nd marathon so i know what I need to work on - HILLS!! Deep down I'm a happy plodder who might get quicker with old age.
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Loon Dod - I was fecked! Don't know where the hell that sprint came from at the end!
  • Options

Roobarb I know what you mean, I was dead on my feet and I saw my family and all the Fetchies and I just sprinted without thinking about it, its mad eh but good image

Amber I got Spicy Tomato, rice & sweetcorn soup wich was nice but I will def need to try the butternut squash one, I love homemade butternut squash soup.

Legs a bit better and my toe is screaming with relief to get my steel toe caps off!!!! Have still been on the Loch Ness website to make sure I get a reminder email for next year though !!! image will put my entry in for Edinburgh in the next week or two. I feel a lot more positive after this mara than I did after Edinburgh, that was such a struggle that I did wonder if I could better my time but now I know I just need to blooming well train more and I now believe weather and not too many hills depending that I could actually run the whole 26.2 miles!!

Hopefully our pics will be up on Marathon Photos tomorrow image then we'll see them and it will be image

• Options
    I didn't post much on the run up to this but would just like to say how much I loved this race. Everything about it was great - the organisation, the fantastic course, the finish, I've also never done a marathon with a better after race set-up, the excellent goodie bag and much appreciated free grub being the highlights.

I was also very pleased to run a pb and place 14th overall in 2:50 and a bit. Definitely be back next year....... if I can walk again by then that is.
  • Options

We're back to talking about food again!! I just had my smoked haddock and spring onion fishcakes for tea i bot in baxters - highly recommended!!

You got in 2 hours before me tattie (apt name for a foody loving thread)!! Must be great sense of achievement getting in at that place. Well done.   

• Options

What a tough hill at 18.

I was pleased with a 4:04.45 for my first marathon image

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Bungee - Nessie and I said we would try a sprint finish. There was someone just ahead of us and I just felt the need to overtake.....as you do! I think I did but can't remember.
  • Options
    I didn't think the hill at 18 was as bad as I thought it would be - it was the hill just before 21 that got me - it took me totally by surprise as I never knew it exhisted and it really knocked the stuffing out of me for a bit.

Does anyone know when the tv programme is on?
  • Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭

I think its on in the early hours of next Monday morning - channel 5 at 00.20am

• Options
    RoobarbRoobarb ✭✭✭
    Bungee - Nessie and I said we would try a sprint finish. There was someone just ahead of us and I just felt the need to overtake.....as you do! I think I did but can't remember.
  • Options
    such wonderful times everyone!!! I felt so lucky it was such wonderful weather, I am still so sore, never been so sore like this in my life but instead of studying i am looking at the edinburgh marathon.

Shades after Karen D described you I defintely recognise and remember you and I remember thinking this lady has the 100 marathon club vest on she is defintely in the know! so I followed your style of fast walking the hills and running as much as possible to finish in 4:57 I wish I had ran with one of you guys so you could have dragged me along but I think my thighs disgree and seems pretty damn satisfed with my pace.

Amberyes think I am little addicted because I cant wait for my sore thighs and swollen knees to get better so I can run again lol. why havent I been doing this before???

Bungee just wondered how I can volunteer to marshall for the moonwalk next year? I know I could easily check the site but thought if I made some sort of public declearation I would probably do it.

didnt get a marathon tee shirt hope it comes in the mail soon. saw the marathon photographer at mile 25, so I pushed my chest out so he could see my number and gave a little run but I continued my death march as soon as I passed him. does anyone know when these photographs become avaliable?

xxxxAnn
  • Options

THE PHOTEES ARE UP FOLKS image

I've got 11 !!! benfits of a smaller race, mind you i'm still waiting on them loading LOL so they might be 11 pants ones image

An ok close up one and a couple of running so could be worse !!! no 240 c'mon now whats everyones elese no to save me looking back and hunting image

Ann once the Moonwalk Edinburgh 08 page is up you can either download a volunteer sheet to fill out or phone up. I was a team leader this year and loved it, we were singing in the bus on our way to our 2nd position about 2 in the mornin, fabby!!! How come you didn't get your T Shirt at the finish?

• Options
    Either I was in some pain in the photos, or I was in a gurning competition image
  • Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

ann - well done, you did a great time especially as you were worried about whether you'd done enough training.

I think the programme on LNM is on channel 5 & Sky (of which I have neither).    2 of the guys that were doing the filming sat next to me on the flight home.

• Options

Teehee - some of them are funny - I had a note of everyones number - I'm 2072 and running in them all -  I'm brown on top and white legs - should have fake tanned them me thinks!!

Bungee I remember you - I was behind you for a mile or so but you must have got away - it was around the half way mark I think.  

• Options
    ps is there none of you Amber?
  • Options

morning!

Hows everyone?

My number was all squished up under my bum bag !!-theres quite a few i've indentified as me now so you can  now have a laugh at mine too ! mind u im ACTUALLY smiling and waving in some !!?!?-usually i look like im sookin on a lemon!image..That web sites really slow tho!

-so maybe more photos still to find image

legs feelin a wee bit better today!..

x

• Options

My photos aren't too bad.....3 or 4 of me mainly by myself with a sort of smile in one as I did see the camera, and a few at the finish with others around me - at least I don't look half dead in any of them which is a good thing image  Will probably order some seeing how it was my first marathon.

The site was really slow for me at 7:45am but after a few minutes, sped up quite a bit....perhaps others gave up or had finished?

• Options
     Karen & Bungee your photos are great!-mines are 940image
  • Options
    bungee should get "the most smiley marathon runner" award!!image
  • Options
    mine are 952 , i love mine!image