Baxters Loch Ness Marathon

Comments

• Options

dcb is in this  you tube clip !!-couldnt recognise any other numbers!image

you tube loch ness

• Options
    They are Great santababy!!image
  • Options
    Amber you look all glam and effortless and santababy you look as if you were having a ball - i look just plain sweaty and knackered - where did I go wrong!!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I saw a few Fetchies on the youtube clip.  No sign of me - which is probably not a bad thing.

LOL at the caption at the end "Won by a kenyan man in 2 hr 23 mins"

• Options

Santa your piccies are great image Love the arms in the air.

Amber I am loving your wave, its practically regal !!!! image Way better than my 2 hands in the air job, I am going to have to remember to stop doing that when I see a camara!!! I reckon I'll get the close up one of me in the certificate form.

• Options

Hi all,

Just a quickie as i'm still on hols in sunny scotland (with only a brief go on the internet via library)

Clocked 2.53.57 (21st position),  so well pleased at my PB !   Thanks for the pre-race encouragement Shades  image

Hope everyone enjoyed the race !

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭
    FA - just superb, that's an amazing result...I knew you could do it.   I bet your kids are so proud of you.image
  • Options

Cracking time Flying Ant you should be well pleased!!! Any marathon under 3 hrs is definately serious running image and mental strength image

• Options
    What an inspiration you lot all are.Well done to one and all.
  • Options
    You all set for your aviemore half on sunday alibaliboo? I'd like to do it too but just the drive up and down puts me of.
  • Options
    well done flying ant !!!!!....... agree with bungee, it's mindblowing imagining running a time like that.....i'd be smiling for months and months if i were you!!!image
  • Options

KAREN-had to chuckle at the"just the drive up that puts me off"image coz im still at the stage where the stairs are like climbing a munro and i walked to parents night tonight as tho i had cement down the legs of my trousers and got stuck in the stupid dolls house sized chairs we had to sit in! and the thought of racing sends me into  hilarious hysteria !!

• Options

Ah but i did the race in a gentle stroll and you belted it!! Got a brill honey, whey sea salt bath soak and it's great and also a glucosamine gel for the old thighs so lots better today - the john wayne swagger just about gone. I went into town yesterday and up an escalator to top then realised they don't have one going down so in full view of the bottom shop floor I tried to manouvre down the stairs in a swinging my body from side to side without bending my legs - i'll be on their cctv!! Definently going for run tomorrow night.

I get petrified at parents night sitting in those chairs - keep expecting to be told of for something and wanting to put my hand up before I ask a question!!

• Options
    I've done a couple of 2-3km 'runs' yesterday and today. Mrs Mudman loves it, she can run go faster than me for once ......
  • Options
    hey amber-ive been earwiigin roon the door for wee while,but never quite been brave enough tojump in!!lol parentsnight chair thing!!!i did lochness too-and did look out for you again,but didnt spot you this time!you did really well to get pb on that course-as did all you other pbers oot there!!i found it really tough(especially that first steepy at 4miles or so?)and the last one at 21 made mewant tocry!!?but for some unknown reason-ireally loved it at same time!!i did 3.47 againbut 19secs slower than edi-but very hard tokeep up steady pace for last 5 or so after all those hills?i really slowed a lot there-any words of wisdom on best approach tohilly races like this?did wee trot tonite-but quads still bit stiff!! 
  • Options

Hi all,

Just back from holidays.  Had a fab run this morning in Glen Urquhart, beautiful fog lifting to blue skies and the mountains in the background...  image

Just had a wee squiz at a few of your photos and you all look really relaxed.  My first few photos look really good and I'm smiling, then come the stadium photos when I look like I'm going into battle and shouting a battle cry!!  Talk about gritted teeth and determined eyes...  386 if you want to see a horror movie. image

Flying Ant, brilliant time .

Amber, I remember the guy with with the rucksack.  Good training for an ultra! image  My support said that there were a few army blokes in full kit that came in ahead of me...  image

• Options

Hi Katmitch!!. Nice to hear from you!image-Brilliant time again well done!!, i know what you mean about loving Lochness despite the hills -you just cant help but love it !! coped ok with the first few hills but hard further on for me and i also cried at 21m as i had convinced myself id done the last hill! -that last one just sapped me of energy!image,I'll never forget you giving me encouragemnet when the going got tough for me in Edinburgh!image...wish you had of jumped in to the thread earlier as  everyone heres been a great support through training!....sorry missed you at Lochness,whats your plans now?

Soph-nice to have you back!....your stadium photos say it all!!! brilliant!!, that sounds like a beautiful run you had this morning.

i have yet to get running although i noticed this morning my legs felt a lot better -just the outer thighs now that are a little tender....night try a couple of miles or so tonight.

xx

• Options

Morning,

So, Lochness has been and gone and the next 15 weeks are ultra training, so I'm saying goodbye to my life for the next couple of months! image

What are the plans for everyone else?  What races are you going to be doing?

Will I see a few of you on the Edinburgh thread?  I wonder if RR will be doing it this coming year?  Will you give it a go Amber?  Like Molly said, it'll be nice not to have to rush off with having family/friends there and just do my own thing!!

• Options
    I've got the Fraserburgh Half next month, next marathon is Lochaber next April, but might drop that in favour of doing both Paris & Edinburgh, just waiting to see where my job takes me in the next month or so. Will do some local short distance stuff over December/Xmas before I start training for an Ironman in January, which depending on my job should be IMUK, but I'm flexible. image
  • Options

still pondering over Edinburgh soph have missed the "previous applicants entry" but im still thinking about itimage-i didnt think i would manage Lochness a few months ago as i seem to get very injury prone with the long runs and decided to drop down to 10k's again for a bit, but now that i have done it im feeling really hooked again and have that buzz where i want to do it all again asap!!!image

Ultra training !!!yikes!!!!!!

• Options

Hi all,

With little training, bad back and a stinking cold and travelling 18hrs, walking up any slight incline to decrease the coughing, I still managed 4:28. Very happy.

SB - how did you do?

• Options

im planning on doin half marathon next month(but only cos its our clubs one-sokinda have to!!)am hopin to do edinburgh and lochness next year,but wouldlike to kinda chill at moment and run because i enjoy it-instead of cos i have to,if you know wot i mean?bet it wouldve looked hilarious if you were spectating near that last hill tho-bet there were lots of four letter words flying round and quite a few tears and dummies gettin spit too!!!was havin wee nose at few of your pics fae lochness(nosey-i ken!!!)-and canna believe how good eveyone ELSES are-mine are minging!!!i look a mess in every one and not a smile in sight-think will have to try a hat and shades look next time!!!no.2226if you need a laugh!!

• Options

katmitch-your photos are alright!!..iv'e had worse!..now i just hide under a big cap!image

kencing terus-well done thats brill!!-hope you are feeling better nowimage

• Options

Kencing, you need to be really careful running that sort of distance with a cold, you could be putting extra strain on your heart etc....  Glad you are pleased with your time.

mudman, I'm doing Lochaber too.  Hopefully, see you there.

katmitch, I've had far worse photos than those!! image

Amber,  Edinburgh could be your one marathon next year.  Then again, probably wise to wait and see if you got into London first if you are thinking of cutting the distance running back.  But, you could get a GFA if you really tried.  Eight minutes off your Loch Ness time and you're there! LoL.

• Options
    heh heh!!...thats exactly the thing thats tempting soph-id love a crack at that 3.45!image
  • Options
    Does anyone know how to get hold of the BLNM organisers? I sent them an email saying I have changed my address so they can forward my marathon teeshirt (WHICH I WANT) to the right address. Not so sure about the email I found on the website though, seems to be one for general race enquires and I think maybe they might not check that mail account since the 2007 race is over? I have also since changed my address in the competitors log- in on the website too.

• Options

Ann try ......

24 Hour Information Hotline (national call rates apply)
    +44 (0)870 127 8000

• Options

Edinburgh 2008 Come on, next one.

Amber I'm running London and this one........ you just know you want to image.  Then maybe Rome aswell, hey thats March, April & May accounted for already whoa.......

• Options
    Smiffie - Why don't you go for the 6 nations like Boffin?
  • Options

Amber like you I was thinking before LN about just sticking to halfs as my longest race apart from having to do FLM at least once!!! The LR's are a thought week after week for marathon training.... BUT they didn't seem as bad in the run up to LN AND I even got faster at them in training with a lot less walking and now apart from the last 4 miles on Sunday I felt pretty good the rest of the way!! So now that I have beaten sub 5 I want sub 4.30 !!!! Edinburgh would be good for a PB shot if that blooming wind isn't as bad as this year as that saps me totally. I have never run a race with such perfect running weather as it was on Sunday image what a difference it makes to your body and mind.

Smiffie sounds a good plan you have lol if I by some chance I got into London I'll do that then Edinburgh then it would have to be Loch Ness again image If I'm in a position to fund one abroad, I would need to have a read at the reviews and ask around as to what ones are good. But those 3 for next year would probably be enough!!!

Soph good luck with your ultra training, never say never but I can't ever see me wanting to go more than 26.2 miles. In the words of Farmer Hoggett 'that'll do pig, that'll do'

My legs are just about back to normal and my toenail felt a lot better today so hopefully will get out for a wee run with the doggies on Sunday. Going to start back cycling to work tomorrow aswell.