Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Afternoon, 

LLB-I am fine and looking forward to a childfree weekend. I am trying not to over do it.

Ecky- I think my training is going well. I have done in consecutive weeks 16,17 & 19 mile long runs. I too am doing a 20 mile race next sunday.That will be my longest distance. It is 4 laps of I suspect a fairly flat route.  

byeck-Hope alll goes well with Moo.

Nandy- I have just calculated that I have run 314.84 miles this year!  

Ran with one of the ladies from the club who is a good runner and is coming back form injury. We took it nice and easy and did 14.7 miles at a 9.20 minute mile pace. It was good to go at a slower pace than what I am used to as I do worry about burning out by going too fast. At least 2 of the ladies I run with are injured at the moment & as I said to the lady, I ran with today I just want to ensure that I am not the only one of my usual group running on 14/4!     

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

afternoon all,

Boss , glad you are taking it carefully , dont want our speed man injured before his debut marathon! sounds like you are doing good-im sooooo excited about your mara day!

hi ecks,what day are u diing long run? i will be doing one so will think of you whn im toddling round .image

nandy-really 2011?? wowee. good to have you bacl though and you will soon be back to the old routine im sure image. my ultras were great thank you. the may one and ausgust were really really hot which i loved, and then the november one was damp and muddy and finished in darkness but i still had a great time and am doing all those three again this year plus a couple of others.image

• hi everyone

busy day, finally getting the chance to sit down. Starting to feel a bit better now, so hoping after an early night I will be ok to go swimming tomorrow.

by eck - hope all has gone well today

I must be tired as I have read back and immediately forgotten everyone's newsimage

ecky - would one of those baby holders do the trick for trev?

• MC-Pleased to here you are feeling better. Fingers crossed that you can go swimming tomorrow.

• Evening

MC..great that your feeling better.

AF..super run by you today..well done..enjoy child free weekend

Ecky...hope you get out with Trev soon. Yep I will miss him..am missing him.image

Nandy...you will soon be back in the swing of things again.

Jude..4 miles is better than 0 miles and keeps the legs ticking over.

Hi Loula sis..you running far this weekend?

I did my 4 miles with 4/5 strides of fastn pace put in for good measure..nice and sunny Hope its like this on Sunday for The Smokies 10.

• Franny-Sounds complicated- so you are recaing on Sunday? Need to get my pom poms and mankini out!!

And yes Jude 4 miles is better than none.

• Loula, I am going to do it on Sunday. When are you doing yours?

Boss you are doing well with your training. I am a little behind but not as much as I thought.

Hi Mathschick. I thought about a baby holder but not sure if he would fit as he is quite big. I may have to try one. Glad you are feeling better.

Awwwww Franny ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

i think i can run both days now ecks image

• Evening everyone

Lovely to read all the chat. Franny - hope you cope okay without your hubby. It does sound like an amazing trip.

Well a week of headaches, migranes and sleeplessness has definitely taken it's toll in that I'm feeling rather achy and a bit spacy. But I have just done my 10 mile run.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. March events look like this:

March

2 Franny - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile ladies race.
    10? Eckytump - Fradley 10k
    10 AF - Worthing 20
    17? Eckytump - 20 miles somewhere
    24 Franny - Grangemouth Around the houses 10k
    30 Louise - Two Oceans (Cape Town) 56k

• ah chili, hope you get a good night's sleep tonight, well done for getting the run in, but have a rest if you need one

• Awwwwww Chilli (((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))) for you too. I cant believe you have still managed a 10 miler though. Thats impressive.

• morning all

although i am feeling much better, don't think I am up to swimming, so difficult to tell myself that, but I think I am better off just going for a walk or something fairly gentle, don't feel that I could physically manage a club session in the pool. Maybe tomorrow...

• Sleep on a children's ward seems to be an oxymoron
  • (((((((((((by eck))))))))))))

how is moo?

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORNINGGGGGGGGGGG

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

byeck did yo have ANY sleep?image(((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

• MOOOOOORNING

Mathschick, you are doing the right thing although its very difficult to take it easy.

Morning By Eck, oh yes trying to sleep there is no mean feat. I bet you are exhausted image. Sending ((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Morning Loula.

What is everyone up to today? I may run later but doing my 16 miler tomorrow morning so I wont go far. I may just do some hills.

• Morning Everyone

Aw Chilli....((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) hope your feeling better today and well done for managing your run yesterday...amazing stuff.

AND MC....(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS to you))))))))))))))))))))) hope you pick up soon...you are just not getting out the bit lately between one thing and another.

BY'eck...hope you managed some shut eye...how is the plan going with Moo????

AF...OOooooooooooooo i will tell all the ladies to look out for the mankini man...what mile will you be at...hows about just after the 4.5 miles as thats when most of the hills are over and done with...lol    i think image 

Ecky...you are doing well wth your training and hope you mangage to get something sorted with Trevor.

Not much planned for me today...going to take Chico a long walk up around the pentlands as its a lovely bright sunny day.image

Loula sis how far you running this weekend?????

Jude...Hope you manage to get out for your 4 miler.

Hello to everyone else...have a cracking day y'all

• ecky - not sure hills are a good idea the day before your long run - be careful you don't want to end up on the injury bench

beautiful morning out there, have dropped big boy off, done a bit of shopping, OH takiing little boy to karate soon, so I will go out for a walkimage 

• Morning Franny. I have just tied him to my back with scarves but they are digging into my shoulders. I really need to find baby holder  big enough to hold him. He doesn't feel too bad but after 26.2 miles I may be struggling. Enjoy your walk today with the lovely Chico.

• Mathschick, you could be right. I will just do a very easy plod. I cant risk injury now. Enjoy your walk too.

• it is so lovely out there. Walked 6 miles in 1:30 so really pleased - there was a time when it would take me that long to run 6 miles image

not so sure a snickers is the best recovery  but it is what I fancied - it has protein and carbsimage

• Afternoon

Yes lovely day out there..not long back from walk with Chico around the base of the Pentlands....image

Well done MC on your walk...and a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

• /members/images/653430/Gallery/WP_000233.jpg

pic of Chico on his walk today around the Pentlands

• Afternoon

Frannny- Mile 4.5 it is! Lovely picture of Chico. How are you doing witout Mr Franny?

MC-Good that you got some fresh air on you rlong walk.

Speak later..day of rest today!

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

awwww sis!!! thats looks fabulous in the Pentlands!!! cant wait!!! i have found some flights that go straight from Oxford to Edinburghimage

• Afternoon all!

Franny - I like the pic of Chico and what lovely scenery!

By'eck - hope you manage some sleep tonight! How's little Moo?

Chili - How are you? Hope the migraines have gone.  Well done on your 10 miler.

MC - well done on getting out in spite of your cold. Take it easy this afternoon if you can.

AF - enjoy your child-free weekend.

Loula - Hi!

Ecky - good luck on your 16 miler tomorrow.

Hi to everybody else!

Did a nice 4 miler in the sunshine this morning while kids were swimming.  Then took them to violin and guitar lessons as usual and then the cinema.  Hubby and I left them in there alone for the first time while we had a coffee and a little shop. Back home to dye my hair. Hoping for a run tomorrow - hubby said he will come with me on his bike. image ...but I won't hold my breath....

BFN xx

• Jude - well done on getting a run in. Bet it was nice to have a little time alone with hubby. Me and my Oh like going for a coffee together without kidsimage

just made some yummy banana sultana and apple muffins

the walk outside did the job, and a nap after lunch, feeling much better - back to normal from tomorrow I reckon, although I think I will do my early bike session indoors just in case I feel tired earlier than planned

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

hi jude! sounds like a lovely busy day . nice to have time to do things sometimes without the little people aroundimage- but then we soon miss them dont we?!!

how was your run? been sunny here too but chilly this a.m when i ran. doing another run tomorrow -trying to get some b2bs in when i can.

chili- well done to your daughter on parkrun PB-FAB! maybe the treat of an egg mcmuffin would get me to run faster.....but more likely the promise of a selection of new nail polish or a new top is more likely to get me to the end!image

• loulabellloulabell ✭✭✭

chili-how about a Ridgeway run soon?!!!! meet again at Wantage or watlington or wherever it was-or princes risborough?