Options

Just A Little Bit Further 2013

Comments

• Options

Hi all

Franny, its great to be back. Brilliant that you have a break and can get lots of running in and the highland fling sounds great and will be great to be part of the team.

Wow boss that's some hefty mileage.

Aww Mathschick, I'm sorry your knee is hurting again and hope you get it sorted soon.

I cant believe I completely forgot to tell you all about the dance Mums running club and our new weekly thing. We each take it in turns now to bake a cake and have it after our run. so far we have had courgette cake, Victoria sponge, choc chip cakes, banana loaf, choc brownie cheesecake and tonight was chilli choc cakes. Keeping the CRAC team alive.

• Options

morning

ecky - oh the mums running club sounds nice

I am finding having a 12 year old son stressful and he is going to be 13 soonimage need to get out for a run to get rid of some of the cortisol I think before I explode!

in other news, don't know if anyone caught the programme Inside Broadmoor - it was on channel 5 - second part was last night and my youngest son was in it! (not as an inmate - he played the part of the son of a 1950s doctor). I didn't go and watch the filming, and was very impressed with how well he did (I know I am biased)

• Options

Morning

Hi Mathschick, I must admit I have no idea what its like to deal with teenage boys as that's yet to come but I will say I am dreading that more than the girls being teens.

Fab too on your famous son but sadly I didn't see it, gosh you must be so proud.

• Options

Hi everyone

Lovely to have you back with us image Your mums running club and cake sounds fantastic! And well done on your studies.

AF - that is very impressive mileage!

Franny - sounds a great team event... confess to being a bit envious!

MC - sounds a challenge with your lads! And I really hope the fizz sorts out your knee.

Cycling yesterday. And at the last minute I have entered an aquathlon for this evening. Its a beautiful day here and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Options

Hi all!

Ecky - lots of cake ...excellent! Sounds like lots of fun.

MC - Wow! What an experience for your boy! Well done to him!

AF - well done on your super mileage!

Franny - enjoy your time off!

Chili - enjoy your aquathlon!

No news from me. Side is still twinging..?? but feeling a bit better. Swimming tomorrow. Marking tonight.

Have fun all.

x

• Options

Afternoon,

MC-Well done to your youngest son. Hope your knee gets sorted.12 year old boys- can be hard work my 13 year ols setp son just wants to be in front of a screen all of the time. Mind you my 12 year ould daughter is no better!!!  

Jude-Enjoy the swimming and hope your tinge goes.   

Chilli-An Aquathon bet you will enjoy it.

5.8 mile run and boot camp this morning. Bit achey from last weekends exertions. My mileage for the year is 1393!

• Options

Hi Chilli, how are your studies going? Enjoy your Aquathlon.

Hi Jude, you cant have running without cake image glad you are starting to feel a bit better.

Hi Boss, how is the bootcamp going?

Fitcamp for me this morning with lots of boxing. I am thinking about maybe just running for pleasure at the moment and not competing as I just seem to be unable to get any enthusiasm for it at the moment. I don't quite know what is wrong.

• Options

Chilli-Boot camp is good. Yes a lot of boxing etc. It's all about upper body strength that should help my running.  

• Options

That's what I'm working on t the moment with core strength to try and get my body fit again for running. Its good fun too.

• Options

ecky - good to mix it up and just running for pleasure is fine - that is why most of us do it anyway isn't it? It is nice not to have the pressure of races and just being able to do short distances as and when you can fit them in

managed to get out this evening but there were so many midges/mossies - I was covered in them! Knee felt ok when I was running so that's goodimage Just need to get better at actual running now and building up mileage/fitness

• Options

Evening!

Ecky, my studies are going well thanks. Just finished an assignment today. Have figured out that during the entire course I will actually need to write at least 72 essays plus 36 learning journals image

MC - good to hear your knee was okay today.

I'm home from a lovely evening. Down at the Lee Valley White Water Centre (Olympic canoe venue) they have been doing a summer series of aquathon. Today was the last one. Started at 7pm under the floodlights and was lovely. 500m open water swim, followed by a 3x2k wriggly run loop.

Hubby dropped me off with three younger children and then took my eldest to her singing lesson. My girls were simply the best cheerleading team possible and ensured they kept up the Chilibean tradition of making as much noise as they could image

Am thrilled to anounce that I didn't come last... I think think there was one lady and 2 blokes behind me.

Hubby picked us up and we came home to apple and blackberry crumble.

• Options

Well done Chili imageimageimage

Lovely 7.2 miles for me this morning at 6.30 am...was darkish when I 1st went out and was lovely to see the light emerge as I was running.image

Hope everyone is well

• Options

chili - wow, that's a lot of writing you have to do! Sounds like a great evening, and you got it in before the weather turned cold!

turbo session for me today followed by a manic day at school. Had to leave in a rush to get to the physio at the end of the day and managed to leave my marking there, so think I will have a nice relaxing evening!

• Options

I think my posts have disappeared.

That's a lot of work Chilli, I have nowhere near that and still struggle. Well done too.

Hi Franny, well done on your early miles.

Nothing for me today as had to get little Ecks from school. He had an awful migraine out of the blue and was so ill with it. He was even slurring his words which was so scary. He is sleeping it off now image

• Options

oh ecky, hope he is ok

• Options

Get well soon, little Ecks....

Enjoy your relaxing evening MC.

Chili - well done on your aquathlon!

Franny - sounds like a nice run for you this morning.

I had a swim this evening. image

Going to another concert with big girl and hubby tomorrow evening. (It ends too late for the boys, so sister in law will baby-sit.) Haydn, Corelli and Telemann is on the menü.image  Daughter is doing grade 5 music theory in November so we can talk about the orchestra etc (That's my excuse for going 2 weeks in a row.....imageimage)

• Options

Hi Mathschick, he did just report that his head only hurts when he moves it but it has wiped him out and he's been in bed since 5 image. He wants to go to school tomorrow though as they have their welcome club disco for new students.

Thanks Jude, he seems to be on the mend.I hope you enjoyed your swim and the concert looks fab.

• Options

Hello? Just sticking my head round the door to make sure Crac Towers doesn't move too far down the thread list.

Hope little Ecky is feeling better today.

Have been using my bike lots since the kids went back to school and decided the cruel north wind was not to going to put me off today. Also went to pilates.

Friday tomorrow image Anyone doing fun things this weekend that we can celebrate/gate crash?

• Options

Morning

Hi Chilli, yes he is much better thanks after a day of TLC. He is back at school today. Its funny but he wasn't right on the morning that the migraine came on, he was unusually tired so that my be a sign that one is on its way.

The good thing was that I managed to get 3 lots of homework redone as we have been given extra words and I feel more confident about doing the work now. Its difficult when you have not been to school for over 20 years and the suddenly having to write essays again.

No running for me today but had running club last night which was good but my group had a few injuries so we just took it easy. Hope everyone has a good Friday.

• Options

Morning all!

Chili - well done on your pilates and bike ride.

Ecky - Good luck with the essay writing! I wouldn't like to be writing essays again! Glad your boy is feeling better. Migraines sound absolutely awful- feel so sorry for him.

Concert was lovely last night:  2 recorder concertos and Haydn's clock symphony. Even hubby was impressed with the recorder soloist!

Swimming tonight and hopefully a run tomorrow. Then we are off to Greece on Sunday!image 

Have a good day everybody!

xx

• Options

Sitting at the swimming pool, waiting for my session to start (I've come straight from school.) and a very nice instructor has just given me the internet number....

• Options

imageimagenice one Jude Enjoy your swim and your holiday image

Just the 5 miles for me today and hope to go to parkrun tomoz

Have a good weekend everyone whatever you are all up to

• Options

hi all

been a bit busy and my laptop was playing up yesterday

swam yesterday and had a rest day today image

Jude - the concert sounds great - enjoyr your holiday

• Options

6.5 miles this morning...miserable and wet evening.

Jude-Sounds a good concert enjoy Greece.

MC-Enjoy the rest day.

Franny-Time you led everyone astray.....

Child free so going out for an Italian with Mrs AF.

Not sure what I am doing running wise on Sunday yet.

• Options

Have a great holiday Jude.

Well done to all on your training image

Last long run this evening. The rain had stopped but the wind was so strong. Didn't quite manage the planned 22miles but hubby came to collect us. My daughter was most disgruntled that we stopped early and complained bitterly!

Happy weekend everyone

• Options

Hi folks!

AF - hope you enjoyed the Italian-yummy!

Chili - I'm sure it was still a mega distance for you and your girl - well done anyway!

Franny - how was park run?

MC - hope things have calmed down!

70 lengths for me yesterday and most of it was frontcrawl and pull buoy (which I love!) 8 mile run this morning while kids were swimming then a very civilised coffee in the park with hubby while kids were having their music lessons - feeling in a holiday mood (but gotta iron and pack yet...) weather is a balmy 26Cimage

Have a good weekend all!

• Options

morning all

been for a flu jab, then some squats and lunges before spinning then swimming. Erm, arm is now aching from the jab and I am shattered! image

weather here is horrible - need to get off to Nottingham though as a running shop there ordered in some brooks freeflow shoes for me to try and today is the only chance I will get. Then maybe I will have half an hour for a nap!

• Options

Hope you managed the nap MC

Jude - am so envious of your sunshine! It has turned cold here and I really, really want the summer back.

Legs are feeling fairly good today. I was parkrun race director so didn't run this morning. But my No.3 girl finally completed her tenth run to get the junior t-shirt. She said she was going to do all ten months ago and despite her protests and grumbles I wouldn't let her back out of keeping her word. But I doubt she will ever run it again!

• Options

Afternoon all

Well done Chili on your long run.Well done to your girlie for getting her t-shirt.

Jude Enjoy Greece

AF Hope the Italian was nice image Erm me lead peeps astray...am a good girl me.proper angel imageimage

I did parkrun yesterday 25.27 so a bit slower than normal but aim to get speedier againimage Not long back from 12 miles in the hills which was more or less the 7 reservoirs 1/2 marathon race route minus 1 mile. Was very tough and very hilly but also very enjoyable. Glutes will be sore tomoz I am sure of it.

Have a good Sunday everyone

• Options

franny - well done on your run

chili - well done to your girl for getting her t-shirt

did a gentle turbo this morning and have swimming tongiht, the rest of the day has been just doing stuff at home really